YSP 1000 setup?????

umeerw

Standard Member
Sorry guys, new to all of this, but i have spent the last 1.5 hrs trawling through the archives RE connection.
Was well chuffed with the unit when i pulled it out of the box but was aghast to see the array of connections at the back (was hoping for scart connections). For a tech novice like myself the manual was at best confusing. however after looking thru the archives, please correct me if im wrong but i think i can connect the DVD and SKY+ via optical cables (providing both video and sound???) to the YSP and then need only connect the ysp to the tv. Hence the only connection to the tv is the YSP does that sound right??
cheers guys
umeer

umeerw

Standard Member
Rhino 2K,
thanks for the quick reply!!!!!!:thumbsup:
one question if the sound is transmited via the optical cable do i still attach the dvd/sky to the tv for picture via scart leads???:confused:
am i being totally daft here????

neilmcl

umeerw said:
Rhino 2K,
thanks for the quick reply!!!!!!:thumbsup:
one question if the sound is transmited via the optical cable do i still attach the dvd/sky to the tv for picture via scart leads???:confused:
am i being totally daft here????
Yes, connection via optical is for audio only.

umeerw

Standard Member
thanks again, plan to use optical for dvd/sky and also component leads into the yamaha from these 2. them only need to connect component from ysp to tv, job done.
cheers