1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YSP-1 owners, advice please

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Mr_Wistles, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Mr_Wistles

Mr_Wistles
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,955
    Hello,

I am thinking of getting a YSP-1 but I am wondering if my room shape is wrong for it.

I I
    I I
    I DOOR SOFA I

Excuse my crappy drawing. The YSP1 will be facing the door, represented by the X's and I will be on the sofa.

How do current owners think it will perform? does anyone have it in this configuration already?

I have not demoed one yet as my room shape may totally negate its effectiveness.

Also does anyone know if they are currently in stock at Costco's at Lakeside?

Thanks,

Russell

EDIT - The sofa should be about 3/4 along the bottom wall but for some reason it looks okay when I type it but when I post it changes.

2. dejongj

dejongj
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,565
    The drawing doesn't really help ;-) I have the YSP-800 which is in stock at Costco and has the automated, microphone based, setup built-in.

A door is not a problem, but I do think you need to keep it closed for the best result. My YSP-800 complains when the Mic is not used directly opposite it, so another consideration would be that you do need to sit opposite the speaker.
    Don't know about the YSP-1 but the 800 has got 3 memories which is usefull. Because drawing the curtains sucked all the bass away, so the solution was to set it up again and store the curtain closed situation in memory 2...

Hope this helped a little...