• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes. We're still rebuilding the database indexes, so searches won't be reliable for a few hours, but we feel it's more important to bring the forums back online. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post. Thank you for your patience.

YouView & Saorview

VisionMan

Distinguished Member
A simple question (I hope) will a YouView work as a PVR in the Republic of Ireland? And will it be able to receive and record its DVB-T HD channels?
Cheers.

Tom Smart

A simple question (I hope) will a YouView work as a PVR in the Republic of Ireland? And will it be able to receive and record its DVB-T HD channels?
Cheers.

I think you may have the compression and the resolutions a little mixed up. In England we use MPEG 4 (DVB-T2) predominantly for HD but this doesn't mean that it can't be used for SD.

Good news, As your Youview box is already Freeview HD compatible. It will be Soarview compatible as this uses MPEG 4 for all the channels - obviously providing there are no encryptions and so on...

Tom Smart

It has just occured to me although the box will work for the channels. It might store the channels on random numbers like when you set a TV to the wrong country. Perhaps someone else will be able to clear this up for you???

VisionMan

Distinguished Member
Hi Tom,
Thanks for your help but it isn't actually my query. I'm asking on behalf of a fellow community member on the YouView forum.

Graham?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom