• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

YouView RC issue

pantages

Established Member
I have a Humax YouView PVR and a BT YouView PVR. Either remote will operate either machine which I don't want to do. Is there any way of changing the RC code on one RC so the PVR's will operate independently? (I want to daisy-chain them).

nvingo

Distinguished Member
The Humax HDR Fox T2 can have one of six IR codesets selected but this was not detailed in the manual.
The facility was not included in their Youview boxes, and I doubt any other makes of true PVR do.
Possibly Youview have a reason (like Sky) to mandate all boxes use the same codeset/remote handset.

triumph1000

Standard Member
I know this an old post, but if you get some polarised tape, stick some on one box `horizontally` polarised, and on the other `vertically` polarised. You will need to do the same on the remote`s.
This should work.
I saw this on another site a few years back when someone wanted to use two Sky boxes in the same room.

pantages

Established Member
That's interesting, I will give it a try. Thanks

pantages

Established Member
Thanks Martin. I hadn't tried it so will now think twice! Not important though, mainly for convenience. With catch-up tv etc. the need for using two PVR's at the same time is not likely to happen very often.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom