Youview Huawei TalkTalk Box Remote Question

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by macwireworld, Aug 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. macwireworld

macwireworld
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

I have a Huawei TalkTalk Youview Box and to be honest I really don't like the remote control that comes with it. Does any one know if I can use the Humax Youview remote instead? I can get one on ebay but I don't want to spend the cash if it doesn't work on the Huawei.

Kind regards

Mac

2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,160
    Seems highly unlikely. Humax normally use a family of remotes that operate any of their boxes. They use a system of 6 different settings that allow up to 6 Humax boxes to work in the same room without remote controls clashing. I don't have the Youview box so not 100% sure if the remote is a normal Humax one.

3. lbear

lbear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337
    The retail Humax DTR T1000/1010 remote control is a cut down version of their standard remote control. Most significantly in this context, it is fixed on option 1 of their list of codes.

It does not send the same signals as the Huawei YV box - I have both and the remote controls do not interfere with each other. I have two other Humax boxes so have changed the remote code options (IIRC to 3 and 5) - these similarly do not affect the Huawei box (just tried)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  4. macwireworld

macwireworld
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the heads up gentlemen and thank you for clearing that up for me.

Kindest regards

Mac

5. Severn Echo

Severn Echo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I use a Logitech Harmony 300 with my Bush PVR. This controls the TV, PVR and DVD player from the same device.
    I only need to have one remote so reduces clutter. The remote has a quality feel (unlike the Bush) and can be programmed from their database of 10000's of devices. I've checked on their website and it lists the Talktalk Huawei DN370T.
    I think they're c£30 I also have a Harmony 200 which were cheaper but not sure if they're still available.
    Hope this helps.