You've seen The Force Awakens - What next?

Drax1

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
With so many people literally now counting the days until the 17th December, my thoughts turned to how you guys are likely to try and process things immediately after the screening. For better or worse, this is a cinematic milestone, and so likely require a post screening ritual of sorts. So, what are your plans in it's aftermath?
Do you hit the pub to celebrate/commiserate?
If it's a midnight showing, are you just plain thankful to be able to go to bed now?
Do you try to book a repeat showing that day?
Is the first stop, social media to eulogize or vent your hate?
Is it just another trip to 'the pictures' where the hype is likely to super seeded by Christmas the following week?
Do you just acknowledge the film's strengths and/or weaknesses and move on to other things?
Start counting the days until 'Rogue One'?

Me? I'm going to a 10am showing on the 17th, and afterwards, if I'm honest, I genuinely don't have a clue. I'm going to 'play it by ear'....

Last edited:
A month from now I'll be in the cinema with one of my best mates, having finished work early to catch the 16:30 screening. It will be pub after for discussion. Then onto AV Forums, to share thoughts. Eventually I'll write my avf user review. I won't be in denial like I was with The Phantom Menace. I'm going to be objective.

Then I'll be planning my next viewing with my son. And then a third with my other mates. After that, I'll look forward to a Star-Warsy Christmas as I'm going to be buying star wars lego and the cross-sections books for my son, and a few goodies for me (like the CD score). After Christmas, I might consider a trip up to an IMAX cinema (assuming I like the film enough).

Beyond that...emptiness. And the long wait for the Blu ray.

I'll be planning on seeing a ton if subsequent viewings. Then the countdown to the Blu-Ray release before the countdown to 'rougue one'

Late morning showing then It'll be Nando's for me, then straight back in for a late afternoon showing, with probably a couple of coffees after that. Friday will be straight back to the grindstone, but hopefully if the film is good I'll maybe see it again on Sat, failing that it'll be Xmas eve.

Last edited:
Avoiding the internet between the 17th and the 20th when I go.

After viewing its a family dinner out and discussions.

Then time for reflection and reading all the AV Forums spoilers over a beer or two :)

Going to midnight showing then to bed, take the little one to nursery then probably go watch again about 10am, will catch IMAX in the new year once the hype has died down and kids have gone back to school

Midnight showing, wait until the very end for any possible post credit scene then home to bed and hopefully get 3-4 hours of sleep before off to work.

A month from now I'll be in the cinema with one of my best mates, having finished work early to catch the 16:30 screening. It will be pub after for discussion. Then onto AV Forums, to share thoughts. Eventually I'll write my avf user review. I won't be in denial like I was with The Phantom Menace. I'm going to be objective.

Then I'll be planning my next viewing with my son. And then a third with my other mates. After that, I'll look forward to a Star-Warsy Christmas as I'm going to be buying star wars lego and the cross-sections books for my son, and a few goodies for me (like the CD score). After Christmas, I might consider a trip up to an IMAX cinema (assuming I like the film enough).

Good man. My own son is not quite old enough (2.5 in December). I too will be watching this December 18th with my best mate (Laser Imax Empire Leicester Square).

Quite possibly I will review this film for a website, if I do, it might also be the last film review I ever write....cue: dramatic music.

A long cold winter followed by an unusually grim summer till the next star wars film comes along to fill the gaping hole :(

Catching a midnight screening then home and bed. Then hopefully i will catch an IMAX screening over the Christmas holidays.

Only one thing for it - watch the Ken Loach version see trailer here:

Honestly, I've just left the cinema in a bit of daze!(in a good way) Just trying to process everything I've been witness to over a nice cup of tea and chocolate chip muffin.:)

Booking a repeat showing, that's what!

What next , see it again in 2D this time.

Buy the Soundtrack! Its actually awesome despite the fact I thought it was the least innovative of the series so far from seeing the film but on listening to the album, I was surprised at how enjoyable it was as a whole. It JW still at the top of his game.

Buy the Soundtrack! Its actually awesome despite the fact I thought it was the least innovative of the series so far from seeing the film but on listening to the album, I was surprised at how enjoyable it was as a whole. It JW still at the top of his game.

I knew it as I watched the film. The Master cannot write a bad score.

Everthing that has transpired so far has done so according to my design:

I'm surprised so many die-hard fans on the internet (judging by my Facebook, imgur etc) DIDN'T go to a midnight showing. none of my friends have been to see it, not even the obsessive comic book/geek fans who watched all episodes of daredevil on release etc. It's kinda frustrating. I'd have forgotten half of my outlandish theories by the time they see it

I plan to watch it again on the big screen (i.e. not the tiny little rectangle I had the misfortune of watching the midnight show on) and then wait until bluray release which is surely out soon (by april i hope)

I'll be seeing it for the 2nd time over the xmas holidays, that's for sure.

I've got a second IMAX viewing booked for 3rd Jan and would like to fit in another viewing before then.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom