Youtube won't play on my smart tv!

orrwick

Novice Member
I have a Digihome 32272sm smart tv (no, the internet hasn't heard of it either) bought from Tesco some 3 years ago. Just cancelled my Sky subscription, so it's back to basics. Push the "internet" button on the remote and I see all the available apps, which mostly work ok, but when Youtube loads and I choose a clip to watch, the screen just goes blank. (The wi-fi's connected, though the signal's a bit unreliable here.) Any suggestions, please?
Would it help if I re-connected the Sky dish?

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
It's possible the Youtube app has been updated and yours now no longer works, I'd see if there's a newer version available you can download onto the TV.

If not something like a Firestick would fix any of these kind of issues.

mikej

Amazon have their Fire TV Sticks on offer at the moment and they will have decent app and OS support in the form of regular updates, whereas I'd expect your TV will have little to none.

You'll need good wi-fi coverage with decent speeds to stream reliably though, whatever you use as the source for your apps. I invested in a mesh WiFi system a few years ago and this solved the wi-fi coverage and speed issues in my house, so this might be worth considering.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom