Youtube randomly stops buffering...please help!

Discussion in 'ISPs & The Internet' started by Timmy C, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +569
    I've searched the net for solutions,found various people with similar problems and suggested fixes but none of them work for me. I'm using a new laptop that I like and don't want to return it but may have too if I can't figure out what's wrong.

Problem: Watching anything on youtube and randomly it will stop buffering at some point and refuse to do anything when it reaches that point unless I change resolution settings then 99% of the time it works again. Before anyone says I'm trying to watch in too high resolution, I watch at 720p where possible but if it stops buffering I can change to 1080p and I'm away again. Happens randomly no matter what I'm watching or at what resolution.

I have another similar laptop which doesn't seem to suffer from the problem at all so I can't see it's anything to do with my ISP or router and I've sat with them playing the same thing side by side and one is fine while the other isn't. So is there anything at all anyone can suggest in the computers settings that could help? They are both running Windows 8 although one has an Intel processor, the other AMD.

2. EndlessWaves

EndlessWaves
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,518
    I take it you haven't got any of the beta features turned on? The HTML5 player in particular: YouTube

3. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +569
    Not to my knowledge but I will check.

4. Tom_Davies007

Tom_Davies007
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It might be sue to your network issue as well.