Youtube not working on Manhattan T3-R.

millfield

Hi all, just noticed this morning when selecting a video to watch on Youtube on my Manhattan T3-R recorder that the video plays for about 10 seconds then freezes for about 2 minutes then the recorder reboots and defaults back to BBC 1 SD. This pvr has been brilliant up to now, just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

Richardxx

Just tried Youtube with my T3-R and no problems.

Edit I am using an ethernet connection to my router.

millfield

Hi Clem, yes it has the latest firmware but to be honest it has become a bit erratic lately. It keeps rebooting itself and sometimes just locks up, my Amazon returns window closes the end of January so I'm thinking of returning it and putting up with my Humax FVP5000.

dirkplank

Novice Member
Hi all, just noticed this morning when selecting a video to watch on Youtube on my Manhattan T3-R recorder that the video plays for about 10 seconds then freezes for about 2 minutes then the recorder reboots and defaults back to BBC 1 SD. This pvr has been brilliant up to now, just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

This happens to me EVERY time I choose to play a 4K YouTube video over WiFi. I didn’t previously know until today that it would reboot itself after a few minutes. In the past I switched it off at the socket and restarted it. Today I didn’t and saw that it reset itself after about two minutes.

I don’t have this problem with non-4K videos. I can live with this.

This is my second T3R. The first one died completely after 50 days but John Leéis replaced it immediately. So far, so good.

millfield

There is a fix for this with an updated software update to v2.2. I've had two T3-R pvrs and both went faulty within the first month, returned them both to Amazon and got a Humax Aura and up to now very happy.

WESTERLY

Standard Member
Me too, stalls on YouTube. There is a software update coming but it you contact them they will send you an email about how to install firmware and code. I’ve just done it and YouTube is now fine.

millfield

Thanks WESTERLY, I had two of the Manhattan boxes both had the same faults sent Manhattan an e-mail had no reply, they were sent back to Amazon and I now have a Humax Aura box and I,m very happy with it.

WESTERLY

Standard Member
Glad you are happy, luckily we sent email and got reply immediately with fix which took a few minutes to install update.

millfield

Great, I,m pleased you are sorted and enjoy. It looks like Clem is on the ball with Manhattan and trying to get everything sorted.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom