YouTube log in issue?

RayM59

Not sure if this is the right place for this but I'm looking for a fix to the above problem?

Only been doing this for about a week but, when I click the YouTube icon I'm signed in already yet previous I would log in manually via my email address but that option appears to have vanished yet once in, each page I click, any menu I click and I'm signed out of that page, refresh and I'm back in but as soon as I move to another page......boom, I've been signed out again?

Refreshed the browser (Firefox) but it's had no effect the problem still persists, doesn't happen on my laptop, doesn't happen with my phone app, any ideas people as to what's going on here?
I've read forum complaints about this going back two years at least with no remedies ever being applied by either Google or YouTube, I've e-mailed both a couple of times but no joy, any advice/fix would be very much appreciated!!
PS,
I've done the cache/site data clear out also and that does nothing either??

RayM59

Cookies or ad blocker issue perhaps?
Hi Marky,
I've done the cookies route and that didn't help!!
The adblocker has been in use on YouTube for several years and it hasn't been an issue however, I'll try it because since this lockdown started in March I've noticed a huge proliferation of ads on virtually every video?
It's a huge nuisance now with them and it's possible that with their hidden updates and combining platforms they could have found a way to usurp that tactic?

RayM59

Hi Marky,
I've done the cookies route and that didn't help!!
The adblocker has been in use on YouTube for several years and it hasn't been an issue however, I'll try it because since this lockdown started in March I've noticed a huge proliferation of ads on virtually every video?
It's a huge nuisance now with them and it's possible that with their hidden updates and combining platforms they could have found a way to usurp that tactic?

Update....

No difference with adblocker on or off?
When I first logged in it was as if I'd never had an issue, worked perfect, couple of page clicks later and.....well, it really was like I "definitely do" have an issue?? :mad:

MarkyPancake

Distinguished Member
The only other thing I can think of is, has your browser's third-party cookies setting changed to blocked/disabled.

RayM59

The only other thing I can think of is, has your browser's third-party cookies setting changed to blocked/disabled.

Hi Marky,
I've just installed a new security programme but it overlapped the old one so it could be another avenue to look into?
It said I would get extra day's added to make up the numbers but I've never checked to see if it's altered any previous settings or, whether the browser refresh has done the same thing?
I'll look into that, thanks!!

RayM59

Hi Marky,
I've just installed a new security programme but it overlapped the old one so it could be another avenue to look into?
It said I would get extra day's added to make up the numbers but I've never checked to see if it's altered any previous settings or, whether the browser refresh has done the same thing?
I'll look into that, thanks!!

Update,
Checked the settings in Firefox and all cookies are set as they always have been?
YouTube still playing up, I've put permissions in place for Google/YouTube to save cookies/data so I'll see if it performs any better today after a change and restart of those adjustments.... failing that I'm at a loss, even the removal of the adblocker hasn't helped?

RayM59

Update,
Checked the settings in Firefox and all cookies are set as they always have been?
YouTube still playing up, I've put permissions in place for Google/YouTube to save cookies/data so I'll see if it performs any better today after a change and restart of those adjustments.... failing that I'm at a loss, even the removal of the adblocker hasn't helped?
Update, Update,
Above attempt to alter the situation was not successful, absolutely stumped here with this, both sites have permissions to store cookies and data yet I can only move around the page I'm on click to somewhere else and I'm logged out? :confused:

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
Do you have another browser installed on your computer you could try with to eliminate any issues firefox side, I have Firefox and Chrome installed.

RayM59

Do you have another browser installed on your computer you could try with to eliminate any issues firefox side, I have Firefox and Chrome installed.

Hello,

No, I don't have any other browser's in use apart from the Firefox?
There is the Microsoft Edge on board but I never use that, used to have Chrome on but deleted it during a clear out?
That thought had crossed my mind so now it's been mentioned I'll put it back on and see what happens?
Just very strange that after all this time YouTube has gone haywire on the desktop but nothing else? 🤔

RayM59

Hello again, I've downloaded the Opera browser for a trial on this issue and Youtube works perfect, clearly the fault lies with Firefox and one (or more) of it's updates, everything I've done from resetting Firefox to tidying up the Google account, deleting the data etc and it just did exactly the same thing?? :mad:
Didn't fancy Chrome as some reviews said that this browser had issues with running on Windows 10 and as I have enough problems already I chose Opera as a trial, looks good so far and it does get good reviews so, definitely keeping onboard and may use full time in future... thanks for the advice mate, much appreciated!!! :smashin:
Sorry for the late update as well, been busy odd jobbing around the house!!

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
Not heard about any issues with chrome + W10, most screenshots I see that are obviously W10 systems have been using chrome.

np about the late update it is a weird issue, if you still have firefox installed and are possibly done with it clear the cookies/cache and close it then get the run box open (on W7 its windows key and R) and type %appdata% should be same for W10 as W7 and then find the folder for firefox to nuke anything left over then try again.

RayM59

Not heard about any issues with chrome + W10, most screenshots I see that are obviously W10 systems have been using chrome.

np about the late update it is a weird issue, if you still have firefox installed and are possibly done with it clear the cookies/cache and close it then get the run box open (on W7 its windows key and R) and type %appdata% should be same for W10 as W7 and then find the folder for firefox to nuke anything left over then try again.

Hello Mate,
Tried your suggestion over the last couple of days, emptied the cache/cookies, used the run box and deleted the Mozilla file?
Reloaded a new Firefox and, for sure, it had altered as I had to reset a few bits and certain old add on's had been deleted so I hoped it was going to be the answer, asked me to log in to my account so nothing was saved yet as soon as I started moving around the account the same issues were still there??
Profile pic was on display, usual sign I'm logged in, clicked my subscription page and I'm not in I have to log in again and so on and so forth, it's like there's a conflict running somewhere and nothing is being saved within the account to prevent the constant logging out on every page change?

I've got Opera running now and there's no issue at all with YouTube so I'm at a complete loss as to what's gone wrong with Firefox/YouTube?
Don't get me wrong, it's not that important it's just annoying?? :confused:

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
Very odd.

RayM59

Very odd.

It certainly is mate?
Checked the installed apps on Windows and the Firefox browser is a fresh install on the 22nd November so it has worked in that sense?
Whether this is now saying the problem is elsewhere I'm not sure, the security programme works across all my sites and has no effect on any just YouTube?
Never got any replies from Google or YouTube as to what the issue is so I've nothing to run with there, yesterday I got a message from Adobe to delete the flash player as it's no longer being supported... thought that might have been the problem but, despite full deletion of that and Firefox only covering the 64 bit version now, previous it did 32 also, nothing changed?
At a complete loss now as to what's gone wrong, settings gives you nothing to work with, I'm just stuck with a system where I'm in out in out and shaking my fists about...
If there's anything else you or anyone can suggest then, I'm all ears??
Many Thanks for the advice nonetheless!!

RayM59

Very odd.

Hello Again,

Just an update to let you know that the problem has been resolved!! :clap:

The issue turned out to be a "conflict" as I had thought but it was the security programme that was the problem not the browser or Google/YouTube as first implied?
The new update downloaded but did not remove any incompatible software components hence the logged in logged out status, a vulnerability scan kept showing that Firefox had multiple serious security risks and I should update to version 83 to clear, it was already running that so I messaged the tech support people and they said to generate a system report and send it to them and attach a screenshot of the warning?
Did that and they said I should run Firefox 84 (already updated automatically) and that I was running an out of date security programme which I found very odd as I'd updated to what I thought "was" the latest version....:confused:
Anyway, he sent me a link and said click this for the "latest version", downloaded a full programme which removed all the rubbish, set it up, ran the scans and it's all clear and, best of all, my YouTube account is now running normally again!!!

Absolutely no idea why that happened as the download was from the company's own website store when I bought it....at least I know now to wait until the licence expires next time before I renew it and not overlap them as something clearly didn't work properly this time? o_O
Any road, problem sorted, but Many Thanks again to all for the input and advice, it was very much appreciated!! :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom