Question Youtube HDR stutter in Windows 10

Dodgexander

Solutions
Reaction score
Has anyone else seen this issue? There seems to be a known problem in Windows 10 with VP9 hardware acceleration where playing back HDR videos in browser on youtube causes stutter.

I have tried a driver reinstallation to the latest Nvidia ones (I have a GTX 1060) and also different browsers.

So far only Chrome seems to support HDR with Youtube but it stutters every two seconds when turned on. It's not a bandwidth issue since it does not happen when HDR is turned off and I am wired directly to my router with 80mb connection.

Has anyone else seen this issue? There seems to be a known problem in Windows 10 with VP9 hardware acceleration where playing back HDR videos in browser on youtube causes stutter.

I have tried a driver reinstallation to the latest Nvidia ones (I have a GTX 1060) and also different browsers.

So far only Chrome seems to support HDR with Youtube but it stutters every two seconds when turned on. It's not a bandwidth issue since it does not happen when HDR is turned off and I am wired directly to my router with 80mb connection.

I've just got a Sony xe9005 and have linked it up to my PC via a high speed hdmi cable. I'm experiencing the exact same issue as you on 2160p60 HDR YouTube content. 1440p60 HDR seems to be ok though. I've got a gtx 1080 and ryzen 5, so it's a fairly powerful system.
Microsoft Edge HDR doesn't seem to work, so I can't compare browsers.

Have you made any progress and fixed the stutter?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom