Youth Without Youth Blu-ray Review & Comments

Tech News

Reaction score
Reviewed by Keith Hurst
To say this is a personal film is an understatement; it is personal to the degree that someone said that perhaps it would just be Coppola himself who would enjoy and benefit from viewing. They may be right. Personally I feel there’s more to this than has currently met my eye and I will persevere with it.The acting by Tim Roth is excellent and, along with Gary Oldman, one of our country’s finest acting talents of this generation. He has weight and adds weight to this role and it demands it; the film demands nothing other than a solid performance and Roth shows he has a wide range of emotions. His shuffling as his old self, even when grown young again, is handled with ease; his depth of emotion is more than apparent as he again meets the love of his lie and ultimately again has to loose her.

But it might just be too personal for I am sure that many will find it inaccessible and at times incomprehensible and that in itself could just be a waste of a definite good story with some major philosophical values hidden under the surface. I can recommend the film because it is an interesting watch; it’s just that the film will polarise opinion and some of you will enjoy it and some will not. The film has potential but I believe will take repeated viewings to get the best from it.
Read the full review...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom