your views

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by sam_hayer, Dec 21, 2006.

1. sam_hayer

sam_hayer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys any views on the hitachi pjtx300 thinking about buying one all view welcome cheers

2. fudge.the.dog.

fudge.the.dog.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello,my brothers had one for a few weeks,it looks fantastic.

3. sam_hayer

sam_hayer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    never had a lcd projector before, is it right that you cant play it for long intervals like 6 hours .becaus it will over heat ?

4. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    You should get the TX200. The TX300 is basically the same as the TX200 in a different colour. The calibrated performance in terms of black level and contrast are exactly the same.

5. Sigismund

Sigismund

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    There's a good review of the PJTX-300 here - like Cyberheater says, it would seem there's little between the PJTX-200 and the newer model. However, the newer model can be bought for £850.00 and includes an 80" widescreen screen from PRCDirect

I think from reading the forums here and over on AVS that using an LCD PJ for six hours would likely be fine, in fact it may be better for the PJ than using it for shorter periods. Using it for six hours stints every day may be a different matter though - although from my readings I would say it would probably be fine as long as everything was well set up - I don't think these PJs are designed for a much harder life, though!

As an aside, I've read over on AVS that Hitachi are withdrawing from the home theatre projector market. If true, it might be worth taking that into consideration when buying a new PJ... especially now the Panasonic AX-100 is available for a similar price, albeit without the screen. :)

6. sam_hayer

sam_hayer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Mark and all you guys ,could not wait got a pyxt 300,well pleased with the quality of picture. not sure what the differance between the componet and video cables got comupter and dvd working using video lead. need a bigger screen like 8ft x 7ft might have to make one ,just wish I could play it for longer spells on regular basis Merry Xmas to you all

7. Rob100

Rob100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    I've used my HS60 for several long stints (6 hours+) and it's never given me any grief. I think the worst thing you can do is switch it on for short periods. The minimum I normally switch mine on for is 1 hours (15 mins warm up and then a 45min program).