Your View of the Best DVD Recorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Gazza, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Gazza

Gazza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Av Forums views on what they think in their opinion is the "BEST DVD RECORDER" and Why?
    Price tag of about 200-400

Reason for me asking is that I'm in the market for one and would like to collate all AvForums views as well as my own

Any thoughts People

Cheers

:thumbsup:

2. Gazza

Gazza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Come on Guys give me something to chew on :boring:

3. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    They've all got +s and -s. Mostly it would depend on what features are in your wish list.
    e.g. HDD Y/N, HDD size, ease of use, editing capabilities, DVD formats etc...
    http://www.avland.co.uk/dvd/dvdr.htm#dvdr has good spec lists, but no Toshiba.
    The owners of the primary makes all seem pretty happy. Draw up a grid with makes and features and fill in the boxes and choose the winner. Then look through this forum and see if there are any significant drawbacks on your choice.

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,282
    There is no "best" DVD recorder for any price - the market is so muddled with different standards and capabilities it just isn't that simple.
    - Do you want DVD-RW compatibility?
    - Do you want a HDD?
    - Do you want the best possible playback picture or is recording more important?
    - What connections do you want (iLink, RGB input, component outputs)?

Take a look at the 'Which DVD Recorder?' thread in my signature for advice on the basic questions. All your going to get by asking for the "best" DVD recorder is a string of posts saying "I think model x is the best because I have just brought it". Narrow down your choice to a few models and then compare them...