Would love sleepy hollow. Pulp fiction blade kill bill full bloody affair. Waited for blu ray and never happened with kill bill so cant see it on 4k

The full bloody affair is my top wish. Sadly I agree with you and don’t think we will ever see it. QT doesn’t seem interested now

Just two standouts for me left really

No Country & There will be blood.

To be honest 2020 has been great for 4K. Better than most expected especially given the pandemic situation.

There have been some good releases no doubt. My comment was more a personal thing relating to films I’d like on UHD that there’s still no sign of. Films such as the Dollars trilogy, Once Upon A Time In The West, Heat, Seven, to name just a few.

Some good news though with Paramount confirming they’re restoring the Godfather films for a 4K release to mark the 50th anniversary of the first film in 2022.

Last edited:
Platoon is surely worth an upgrade. The blu is terrible , this film deserves the upgrade

Yeh pretty good year.

The fact remains though, that a huge number of say, my top 100 movies are not even on the radar.

Hopefully 2021 builds on this year.
I sure hope that seeing your favorites come out in UHD .
Nice to see Indiana Jones in 4k.

Would love sleepy hollow. Pulp fiction blade kill bill full bloody affair. Waited for blu ray and never happened with kill bill so cant see it on 4k

Blade is coming to 4K UHD and very soon, next month in fact. :)

Blade 4K UHD

Nicked from another forum.

Last year, I had the chance to work on the remastering of The Neverending Story. We did a completely new scan of the original negative film in 4K for a UHD-HDR remastering. It was a real pleasure to grade this beautiful 35mm film, shot by Jost Vacano.

One of the main challenges was to keep the original intention while transferring the film to the HDR colour space. I did a lot of testing with the material to find a way to keep the feeling of a 35mm film but at the same time pushing the film, so that it will work in HDR.

Another big challenge was the old VFX shots, because we only have dupes and not the original negative. The VFX shots in particular have to look very good to be able to immerse yourself in the world of Phantasia. To achieve this, many layers with keys, masks, tracking and effects were necessary, since the foreground and background sometimes behaved completely differently. The stacks were quite big in the timeline but it was not a problem to handle this in Baselight.

For this project it was not only about grading but also a lot of texture work. Therefore the Base Grade tool and the Texture Equaliser were really helpful. I worked in T-Log/E-Gamut and that was very helpful when creating the different deliveries.

Hopefully we see this great movie get a release next year.

True Lies
Abyss
Starship Troopers (the effects especially in space till hold up)
True Lies
Abyss
Dark City
Near Dark
Atlantis the Lost Empier (can't stop watching it and it sounds great)
Big Hero 6
Demolition Man
Firefly series
Galaxy Quest
Hardware
Legend
Logans Run
Omega Man
Rango
Silverado
Strange Days
Time Bandits
The Time Machine
Tora Tora Tora
Tombstone

And a second mortgage

True Lies
Abyss
Starship Troopers (the effects especially in space till hold up)
True Lies
Abyss
Dark City
Near Dark
Atlantis the Lost Empier (can't stop watching it and it sounds great)
Big Hero 6
Demolition Man
Firefly series
Galaxy Quest
Hardware
Legend
Logans Run
Omega Man
Rango
Silverado
Strange Days
Time Bandits
The Time Machine
Tora Tora Tora
Tombstone

And a second mortgage
Starship troopers does have a 4k release, and its gooood:thumbsup:

I thought the s/fx on the ground probably looked better than the space stuff.

Nevertheless, its a fabulous transfer (as long as you can stand the grain)

Nicked from another forum.

Last year, I had the chance to work on the remastering of The Neverending Story. We did a completely new scan of the original negative film in 4K for a UHD-HDR remastering. It was a real pleasure to grade this beautiful 35mm film, shot by Jost Vacano.

One of the main challenges was to keep the original intention while transferring the film to the HDR colour space. I did a lot of testing with the material to find a way to keep the feeling of a 35mm film but at the same time pushing the film, so that it will work in HDR.

Another big challenge was the old VFX shots, because we only have dupes and not the original negative. The VFX shots in particular have to look very good to be able to immerse yourself in the world of Phantasia. To achieve this, many layers with keys, masks, tracking and effects were necessary, since the foreground and background sometimes behaved completely differently. The stacks were quite big in the timeline but it was not a problem to handle this in Baselight.

For this project it was not only about grading but also a lot of texture work. Therefore the Base Grade tool and the Texture Equaliser were really helpful. I worked in T-Log/E-Gamut and that was very helpful when creating the different deliveries.

Hopefully we see this great movie get a release next year.
Thank you for the Heads up on Neverending Story .
I remember seeing it at the Cinema , Not Expecting it to be much more than a Kids Movie.
Was very Impressed with the Sound Track Loved it.
Bought This on DVD then on Blu Ray it's Great , Hope it's even Better in 4k.

There have been some good releases no doubt. My comment was more a personal thing relating to films I’d like on UHD that there’s still no sign of. Films such as the Dollars trilogy, Once Upon A Time In The West, Heat, Seven, to name just a few.

Some good news though with Paramount confirming they’re restoring the Godfather films for a 4K release to mark the 50th anniversary of the first film in 2022.

This Dollars Trilogy ? Do you mean Clint Eastwood ?
My Favorite was The Good The Bad and the Ugly , love to see that in 4k.

Well spotted, now i need to find it cheap
I want Star Ship Troopers 4k , More Meat for the Grinder - Do you want to know More ?

This Dollars Trilogy ? Do you mean Clint Eastwood ?
My Favorite was The Good The Bad and the Ugly , love to see that in 4k.

That's right, the Sergio Leone and Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns. :)

I watched Stargate again recently and think it would make a good candidate for a 4K upgrade.

Anybody know if there's likely to be any Sergio Leone 4K releases any time in the foreseeable future?

I'm particularly after Once Upon A Time In America, and have lately been dithering over buying the (overpriced?) Extended Edition on BD but really don't want to pull the trigger as that'd almost guarantee an announcement about some sort of UHD release...

And I will of course also buy OUATITW and the Dollars Trilogy. :)

Anybody know if there's likely to be any Sergio Leone 4K releases any time in the foreseeable future?

I'm particularly after Once Upon A Time In America, and have lately been dithering over buying the (overpriced?) Extended Edition on BD but really don't want to pull the trigger as that'd almost guarantee an announcement about some sort of UHD release...

And I will of course also buy OUATITW and the Dollars Trilogy. :)
Nothing on the horizon yet unfortunately.

I only have Godzilla KOTM on 4k so far. This is due to the Xbox not doing Dobly Vision (it was my only $k BR play meothod), I now have a BR player on the way to fix that issue. Just ordered the BTTF trilogy and want the dark knight trilogy.

I really want Drive on 4K, they might as well put the original and the BBC alternate score version on the same disc. The alternate score was not that amazing from memeory compared to the original but id give it another watch if it was on there.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom