Quantcast

Your UHD Blu-Ray Wishlist

El_MUERkO

The movies you'd most like to see get the full UHD HDR Blu-Ray treatment.

Sorry if there's already a thread like this, I did search for one without success :)

djpaulc247

Distinguished Member
I'm not hoping for too many from the back catalogue as I don't want to re-buy my collection AGAIN! However, some wants that I would order straight away:

Force Awakens
Gladiator
Inception
Interstellar
Alien
Aliens
Robocop
Terminator 1 & 2
Predator
All of the Avengers movies
The Dark Knight Trikogy

andyblack42

The Abyss as it never even made it to Blu-Ray.

samdavies

Distinguished Member
The Abyss as it never even made it to Blu-Ray.
It seems you are pretty much guaranteed to get an abyss uhd next year. The films got a new 4k scan and its coming out bluray "early" 2017. So if thats pans out, and as its fox, you'll get a uhd as well :thumbsup:

DenzilTK421

It seems you are pretty much guaranteed to get an abyss uhd next year. The films got a new 4k scan and its coming out bluray "early" 2017. So if thats pans out, and as its fox, you'll get a uhd as well :thumbsup:
Hopefully they'll get the aspect ratio correct this time!

midknight

Distinguished Member
True Lies....

Jason56d

As well as The Abyss & True Lies (scandal that JC never got round to blu's on these), i'd also like to see:

Troy
War of the Worlds ( Spielberg one, atmos or DTS:X would sound insane during lots of scenes!)
Predator
Saving Private Ryan
The Last Samurai
Gladiator

Anti Monitor

STAR WARS ( inc Force awakens but except the gash prequel films)
Tron Legacy
Interstellar
Aliens
Jurrasic park films
District 9 / Elysium

To name but a few.

mckee74

Distinguished Member
Drive.

Also all the amazing films that Criterion have done 4k scans of, like Pan's Labyrinth.

sebbykin

Distinguished Member
2001, Blade Runner, The Beach, LOTR trilogy and of course as stated above, Camerons' missing blus

James Thomas 75

E.T.
The Goonies.
Harry Potter series.
LOTR & The Hobbit movies (preferably extended)
Jaws.
Big Trouble in Little China.
Jurassic Park

To name but a few :)

domtheone

Distinguished Member
Jaws
Star Wars (early stuff)
Contact
Pans Lab
The Descent
Anything Nolan
Anything Cameron
Alien/Aliens
Lawrence of Arabia
Shawshank
Where Eagles Dare
Children of Men
Jurassic Park

I might actually have UHD by the time any of the above comes out:D

simonlewis

I had interstellar once, it blew my neighbours out their flat, i ended up giving the film away and haven't seen it since.

raduv1

Distinguished Member
Can only think of Jaws ATM , the BD was so expertly handled that I might just dip again given the same love . Close Encounters as well , although both films would still remain with that SS soft focus I wouldn't mind seeing them in there true colours , so to speak.

Bendorama

I would definitely love to see Sunshine (2007) do a debut on UHD format, I love the scenery and sound in this movie, one of my favorite "space" movies, and I am sure it would look stunning in HDR UHD.

Another movie I really love and I think would look awesome in UHD is Equriblium (2002).

samdavies

Distinguished Member
I would definitely love to see Sunshine (2007) do a debut on UHD format, I love the scenery and sound in this movie, one of my favorite "space" movies, and I am sure it would look stunning in HDR UHD.

Another movie I really love and I think would look awesome in UHD is Equriblium (2002).
Sunshine may be worth a shout for some point down the line. If danny boyle does another flick with fox that gets a uhd release perhaps.

Equriblium on the other hand, massive box office flop and unless it gets a really nice 4K master - which it would need as there was no theatrical 2K di made for it back in 2002, would look pretty awful imo. But yeah can't see that one ever getting a uhd release unfortunately. I quite enjoyed it, but i think it was widely viewed as a subpar matrix.

Bendorama

Sunshine may be worth a shout for some point down the line. If danny boyle does another flick with fox that gets a uhd release perhaps.

Equriblium on the other hand, massive box office flop and unless it gets a really nice 4K master - which it would need as there was no theatrical 2K di made for it back in 2002, would look pretty awful imo. But yeah can't see that one ever getting a uhd release unfortunately. I quite enjoyed it, but i think it was widely viewed as a subpar matrix.
I did not know that Equilibrium flopped, how sad. I have just seen the good IMDB user score.
Also I have to admit it has been a couple of years since I last time saw the movie and I have yet to see it on bluray, but my mind tells me it looked great, but that could nostalgic or just because I like the movie overall. I do very much appreciate the matrix series as well but I got to say Equlibrium gives me more.

EDIT: As I am quite the rookie on this site, at-least as registered active user: How do I give "thumbs up" or "thank you" etc to posts / users? :)

simonlewis

EDIT: As I am quite the rookie on this site, at-least as registered active user: How do I give "thumbs up" or "thank you" etc to posts / users? :)
You can't untill you have posted more and become an active member, so keep on posting. ;)