Question Your Top 5 Switch Games

Qactuar

Distinguished Member
1. Xenoblade 2 (and Torna DLC)
2. Mario Kart 8 DX
3. Breath of the Wild
4. Mario Odyssey
5. Smash Bros. Ultimate

Bit generic, I guess - but I don't think many will have XC2 at the top!

harpsmatt

1. Mario & Rabbids kingdom battle
2. Steamworld Heist
3. Octopath Traveler
4. Mario Odyssey
5. Zelda Breath of the Wild

Really difficult to narrow it down to 5, games I've loved like into the breach, oxenfree, west of loathing etc narrowly missing out.

prezzy

1. Xenoblade 2 (and Torna DLC)
2. Mario Kart 8 DX
3. Breath of the Wild
4. Mario Odyssey
5. Smash Bros. Ultimate

Bit generic, I guess - but I don't think many will have XC2 at the top!
I would go with XC2 as my second best

BOTW
XC2 & Torna
Odyssey
Splatoon 2
Octopath

Foster

Distinguished Member
1. Breath of the Wild
2. Mario Odyssey
3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
4. Smash Bros.
5. Stardew Valley

Flashy

1. Breath of the Wild (by a mile)
2. Super Mario Odyssey
3. FIFA 18 (sorry :))
4. Mario Kart
5. Axiom Verge

pbb76

Distinguished Member
1. Splatoon 2
2. SSBU
3. FIFA 19 (sorry, not sorry)
4. Monster Hunter Generations
5. BoTW

D

Deleted member 702178

What are yours?
I deliberately didn't list mine as I've only had the Switch a matter of weeks. I originally bought it for Skyrim and Warframe and although it's mighty impressive that they run so well on a handheld, I find the aiming in both too tough. So I wouldn't include them. In all honesty I was ready to return it for a refund. I'm not into the Nintendo exclusives. I tried to make an exception for MK8 but it's not for me and hence why I have it up for sale in the classifieds.

Then I discovered the Indie games. I've never even considered touching these on any other platform but they seem ideally made for a handheld. I haven't played a 2d platformer for example since Rainbow Islands on the Spectrum 48. I got Dead Cells and love it even though it's really hard (I haven't managed to defeat a boss or elite yet). Got Celeste and it's the same. Great platformer but really tough.

So my top 5 would be

1. Dead Cells
2. Celeste
3. Steamworld Heist

But that's it so can't make a top 5 yet.

My main motivation for this thread was to get some ideas for other games. I've just rented Octopath Traveler based on a mention on this thread but haven't tried it enough to comment yet.

Daft Ada

Distinguished Member
I deliberately didn't list mine as I've only had the Switch a matter of weeks. I originally bought it for Skyrim and Warframe and although it's mighty impressive that they run so well on a handheld, I find the aiming in both too tough. So I wouldn't include them. In all honesty I was ready to return it for a refund. I'm not into the Nintendo exclusives. I tried to make an exception for MK8 but it's not for me and hence why I have it up for sale in the classifieds.

Then I discovered the Indie games. I've never even considered touching these on any other platform but they seem ideally made for a handheld. I haven't played a 2d platformer for example since Rainbow Islands on the Spectrum 48. I got Dead Cells and love it even though it's really hard (I haven't managed to defeat a boss or elite yet). Got Celeste and it's the same. Great platformer but really tough.

So my top 5 would be

1. Dead Cells
2. Celeste
3. Steamworld Heist

But that's it so can't make a top 5 yet.

My main motivation for this thread was to get some ideas for other games. I've just rented Octopath Traveler based on a mention on this thread but haven't tried it enough to comment yet.

Have a look the T’Other games thread, plenty of great Indie gems in there!

My top 5 Indie games I’d recommend:
80s Videokid
Into the Breach
Owl Boy
Hollow Knight
Wonder boy

My top 5 games so far on Switch, hmmm quite tough to narrow down but these are the games I’ve poured the most amount of time on:

Mariokart 8
Zelda
Mario + Rabbids
Octopath
Ys VIII
Football Manager 19

Honourable mentions for:
Mario Odyssey
Hyrule Warriors
Xenoblade 2
Cities Skylines
Yokus Island Express
Stardew Valley
Golf Story
Pixle Lines DX

spikecast

Not playing smash until Christmas but so far..

1. Mario Kart 8
2. Mario Odyssey
3. Super Mario Party
4. Rocket league
5. Splatoon 2

silvercue

Distinguished Member
1. Mariokart ( I actually think this is the most polished game I have ever played)
2. LABO (does this count?)
3. Mario Tennis
4. Zelda
5. Splatoon

addyb

Distinguished Member
1: Super Mario Odyssey
2: The Binding of Isaac rebirth
3: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
4: Splatoon 2
5: Has Been Heroes

W90WBA

Formerly 'Shanew1705'
1. Splatoon 2
2. Super Mario Odyssey
3. Mario Kart 8
4. Pokemon Go
5. Mario & Rabbids Kingdom Battle

(Any of the other big games not listed such as Zelda, Other Mario games etc purely because I haven’t played them)

Dodgy_Geezer

In no particular order:

1. Mario Kart 8
2. Overcooked 2
3. Diablo 3
4. Kirby Star Allies
5. Mario Tennis Aces

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom