Your Top 3 Most Played Games. Ever!

Talking of nostalgia. I realised the other day that I still have all of my Commodore game cassettes in the bottom of one my cupboards.
They must be nearly 30 years old,some of them [emoji53]

1. ISS Soccer on the PS2 - Dread to think how many hours I put into that
2. Mario Kart on the SNES
3. Super Mario 64

Sure I still game but with online gaming you tend to change up games a lot. Before online gaming we would all stay round a mates with our master league team on our memory cards and game for the whole weekend without sunlight lol

1. Breath of fire 3 (PS1)
2. Final fantasy X (Ps2)
3. Dark souls (Xbox 360)

Breath of fire 3 especially will never be beaten on amount of time spent doing anything ever... including eating or sleeping.

Ever?!? Oh man, you mean including games I played on my Spectrum 48k+ in the 80s??? ;)

gosh this was hard, I'll heat and do it by decade :)

2010s

1. Last of Us (PS3)
2. Life is Strange (PC)
3. Uncharted series (PS3)

2000s (all PC)

1. Half Life series
2. The Longest Journey/Dreamfall series
3. Mass Effect series

1990s (all PC)

1. Blade Runner
2. Tomb Raider series
3. Duke Nukem

1980s (all Spectrum games)

1. Batman
2. Bruce Lee
3. Outrun

1. Blade Runner
I loved that game it was brilliant I wished they would remaster it I would love to play it again I had it free when I brought a Packard bell haha but lost the DVD tin it was in.

My all times probs are

Blade runner
Toca 1 & 2
Gran Turismo 1& 2
Forza
Dave Mirra bmx
Skate

K240 and Sensible Soccer on the Amiga. Then probably Fifa from the late 90s on the PlayStation.

These days it would have to be Battlefield upto 4, no where near the investment in time of the 90s.

Last edited:
When there are just 3 games, It is so hard to choose = (
Okay, let's try with:
1. Heroes of Might and Magic 3
2. Disciples 2
3. Star Wars: Knight of the old republic.

Tough to say exactly, but in terms of series it's definitely...
1) Street Fighter
2) FIFA
3) Sonic

1) Shining Force 3-hands down the best game I've ever played.
2) The Mass Effect Trilogy - can't decide between numbers 2 and 3. Never understood the angle r people had to number 3: the whole game was a series of endings.
3) Sonic and Knuckles

How could I have missed off Kick off 2 on the Amiga. IMO the best football game on any console ever.

How could I have missed off Kick off 2 on the Amiga. IMO the best football game on any console ever.
Liked Kick Off but Sensible Soccer was the one I loved.

I'd be interested to play Kick Off again to see how it plays compared to Sensi now I'm much older. Be interesting to see the differences having not played them both in so long.

I wish they was an easy way to get old Amiga games on my tele in the sitting room:

Liked Kick Off but Sensible Soccer was the one I loved.

I'd be interested to play Kick Off again to see how it plays compared to Sensi now I'm much older. Be interesting to see the differences having not played them both in so long.

I wish they was an easy way to get old Amiga games on my tele in the sitting room:
I think you were either Sensi or Kick off. I did manage to download an Amiga emulator a few years ago and Kick was still enjoyable

wow

tough question

no particular order as it'd be tough to say

civilization - this has to be number one for me. best game ever.

championship/football manager - they were kinda going off the boil 2010-2013 but this latest one is good.

elite II: Frontier - its amazing that game fitted on one 1.44mb disc. phenom of a game.

Repton, 30 years- BBC B - PC
Elite, too many hours - BBC B - PC
Microprose Golf, still playing today

Honourable Mentions
Links, PGA Tour, PC
Knights of the Sky, Amiga
Half Life 2
Frontier: Elite 2
...........................Right on commander :)

Quake 3 (+MODs) - PC
FIFA - multiple formats
Destiny - PS4

close next:

WOW
Warcraft 3
Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter

Two more games that deserve a mention are Tenchu (PS1 & PS2) and Twisted Metal 2 (PS1).
Both got a serious amount of game time back in the day. My mate has a version of Twsied Metal on his PS4 which is the only game that we can play together if I am round his house. It's odd in this day and age that games don't cater for two players, split screen anymore.

1. Block 'n Load (totally regret it (The game is horrible))
2. Star wars battlefront 2 (Yeah baby!)
3. Orion Prelude (Super fun, believe me)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom