1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

your thoughts ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by vic106, Mar 17, 2005.

1. vic106

vic106
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all
    i am currently in the process of buying a 4805 screenplay p.j. and was wondering what the best form of connection would be to the following peices of kit 1:- pioneer 575 dvd player
    2:--sky + digi box
    2:--nvidia geforce fx 5200 graphics card of my p.c.
    the dealer i am buying off said that s-video from dvd player to p.j. and i'm just wondering if this this the best form of connection for max picture quality?.any help much appreciated

regards...vic

2. Seanshadyuk

Seanshadyuk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    a quality component cable would be better using progressive scan surely

3. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Presumably you're looking to connect all 3 devices without any switching via a receiver. I'm not sure what connectors the Sky+ box has but my first thoughts would be:

575 - as Sean says, component
    Sky+ - S-video (if available or perhaps via a SCART->S-Video converter)
    PC - DVI

To some extent though it depends on what you'll be watching most and what priorities you have for PQ. For instance, the PC could use S-Video and Sky+ perhaps the RGB into the M1 connector (not sure about this).

If you're interested in using the PC as an HTPC then you'd be well advised to upgrade the video card and definitely use DVI.