1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your thoughts please

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by ayrshiredude, Jun 7, 2004.

1. ayrshiredude

ayrshiredude
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

On my never ending saga of crap TV's I have kinda decided that perhaps the RPTV is not the route to go, since I have had 3 of them and nothing but trouble, so I have decided to go for a 36" CRT.

There is a place across from my work in Glasgow that is a "clearance centre" for a fairly well known shop in Glasgow so I went in today for a look.

The have "graded" Panasonic 36PD30s which are boxed and come with a full year warantee and they are only £799 with the stand. I know this is a great price but my questions are:

what does graded mean and how will it affect the TV. and is this a great deal and worth pursuing.

They also have a Sony 36" but won't have it on display till Thursday. Again a similar price.

I would appreciate your thoughts on this.

Thanks

2. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    There are basically two classes of graded TV (or other goods for that matter).

First, there are brand spanking new TV's that have some sort of cosmetic fault (ie scratched cabinet etc) which means they can't be sold at full price.

Second, there are nearly new TV's which have been returned with some minor fault, repaired, but again can't be sold as new sets.

(Forum members account for a large number of the latter!!!)

Provided you realise what you're getting, "B" Graders can be a terrific bargain.

Hope this helps.