Your suggestions for R3 Korean Reviews please

ISO,

Managed to secure a Dances with Wolves for review mate ;)

Originally posted by Daneel
Hero
Kill Bill
Lost in Translation

I think a lot of people here are getting their Far East Regions confused. ;)

FoxyMulder the scandinavian releases have the subtitles forced, which is why I thought the HK R2 would be ok, but the distributer is Universal Laser & Video Co. which seem to have a reputation on the forums for really bad transfers.
So now I am on the hunt for a Dutch release to see if the print is any better.

Andy

The Scandinavian release of We Were Soldiers does not have fixed subs.

Originally posted by Montana
Sorry to but in guys, but please don't bother reviewing "We Were Soldiers" HK edition, as it is not worth spending time actually going through the whole film :( . The sound and picture quality on this are so bad , that it needs to be seen and heard to be believed.The picture and sound drops out very often, I would say at least 3 times every minute.The picture is very grainy , colours are washed out etc etc etc.
This must be THE worst transfer in history , it looks as though it was taken from a well used VHS copy.
Sorry for the rantAndy
Sorry Mate but my copy isn't like that. The colours during the battle scene's are very washed out on purpose. Also there's a hell of alot of dust floating about in the air. The Image is a tad soft and there is a lot of film grain but that has been said about the R1 infact there is little difference between the HK release and the UK R2 that I also have. dts soundtrack plays perfectly no dropouts at all and is superb. A lot of dvd players do have problems with disks from this manufacturer,luckly I supose I'm not one of them and for £2.20, I'm more then happy.:thumbsup:

Hi kevb,
I also have the R2 , and the difference between the two is a LOT.I have now done a comparrison between the two on a player that plays the the HK R3 version.My Tosh sd-210e just can't play it, whereas the HK 2550S plays it fine.Comparing the two(on my Panasonic TH-42PHD6 ) I still find that the scenes at the camp and the officers homes etc. are still a little washed out and a little extra brightness seems to have been introduced, making it look washed out further still.
Universal Laser & Video Co. also have a reputation to use lesser prints and not use the original master or a GOOD print.Which is a shame , because they seem to produce a lot of fims with different extras and audio options etc etc etc.The far east Asian people seem to be nuts with anything with a DTS label on it.
nyone that has the dutch version of this please reply, or someone that can point me towards where I can purchase the dutch R2.
Many Thanks.

Andy

how about a review of the region 3 DTS versions of hard Rain and Air Force One and the legend of zu

Also some reviews of the various Korean Superbit discs!

By the way it was an interesting review of the region 3 version of black Hawk down Superbit!

oh and a review of True romance DTS R3(including any cuts?)....thanks

FoxyMulder & tee:

Regarding Scandinavian version of We Were Soldiers; I have it (Danish version) and it does have forced subtitles. Not fixed, as you can select between 4 different languages, but you can't turn them off. It's even stated on the backside of the cover, but I didn't notice before buying it :mad:

The Pianist
The Medallion
Basic Instinct
Twin Peaks FWWM and Season 1
Underworld
Thirteen Days

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom