1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your recommendations please guys

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by John Luc, Jun 8, 2004.

1. John Luc

John Luc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    According to some people connected to my Computer
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi
    I have finally convinced wife we need a new television, I am thinking either 43 inch rear projection or 36 inch widescreen, trouble is so many models out there.
    I don't know what is good or bad it will need to connect to DVD player, sky sat receiver and tuner plus my video recorder if possible.
    I could do with knowing some decent retailers as well budget about £1500.
    Many thanks for helping me out of this dilemma.

2. Lizzard

Lizzard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you want to know the truth which own a Toshiba 57" rear projection? i would today have choosed a 36" Panasonic PD30, that's the true fact.

Reason is, you always ends up tweaking a rear projection TV, i think i have tweaked more than i have watched TV.

There is "always" something to improve and the picture is lovely when calibrated right, however if you are not the person that likes or want to open up your TV and tweak, then a rear projection TV is not for you i am afraid.

Rear projection can be a disaster if you get a TV that has been misaligned during transport or not very well calibrated at the factory.

My Toshiba 57" looked like **** to tell you the truth when i got it, but then it had been transported from U.K to Germany, from Germany to Sweden.

The geometry was horrible and the focus was not very good.

If i could choose today and had only like $1800 to spend, i would buy the Panasonic 36PD30.

3. John Luc

John Luc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    According to some people connected to my Computer
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi
    Many thanks for the advice your comments have now made me take the decision to go for a 36 inch television