your oppinions of this gPU

so im buying this from a member on here.

Zotac Nvidia GeForce GT220 1GB Zone Edition DDR2 PCI-E 2.0 HDMI Silent Graphics Card

just wanted your oppinions on the card. its specs look good, they're double in almost all catagories of what my PNY GeForce 210 sports.

games i play are things like bioshock, dead space, section 8, assassins creeds, most graphicaly heavy games im likely to be playing is dead space 2, assassinscred broherhood, lost planet 2 (all preorer atm lol) resident evil 5.

think this'll be okay for those?

if it helps i actually have a list of all the games im going to be buying, so i could upload the speadsheet of them as an attatchment or something

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
A review of the GT220 compared to the G210 can be found here: GeForce GT 220 And 210: DirectX 10.1 And 40nm Under $80 : Introduction

This should allow you to decide whether the gain is worth it to you or whether you should hold out for a better card. To pair with an i7 my vote would be to aim for a higher card but it all comes down to your budget and how big a PC gamer you are

well i have a 210 installed already, but was hoping the gt220 would be better for gaming, i dont really have setings up on high end of them so not a problem i guess. i was going to keep my 210 installed as a secondary gpu for sending movies over to a flat screen tv when i get one and to run a third monitor (which would be used for outlook, utorrent)

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
What resolution do you game at?

about 1080 7xx

varies between the games but thats about the general area for it

Ted

Going to agree with Sniper here, if you have an i7 then it will be severely bottlenecked in games by a 210 or 220. Obviously it depends on budget and requirements, I would have a look at the GTS 250 as a minimum, being the first SLI capable card in the range. Seeing as your motherboard supports SLI you can always add a 2nd card in the future should you wish.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom