• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Your Opinions Please, worth sending into Machinima?

Swordfish

Prominent Member
Ok below is a video of dannyboy going 102-10 playing HQ on Firing Range. I thought it was a great game although I am biased, so wanted to guage peoples opinions on here. Stevie has already stated his opinion, and he's right, there are plenty of videos on Machinima of people killwhoring and not playing the objective, and that was my initial thought too when I first saw it and I would appreciate your comments. However after watching several times I've changed my opinion.

He has the most defends on his team which are only recorded if you defend in the immediate vicinity of the HQ, but his constant air support and dogs etc. were technically defending as the other team couldn't get near the HQ. The opposition weren't great by the looks of it but fair play to most of them for staying in the game!

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

EDIT: i've put the pre and post rolls on this as that's how Machinima want it submitted.

YouTube - Dannyboy

Last edited:

Tall_Paul

Distinguished Member
Being realistic, there's zero chance of machinima uploading it mate, for a few reasons:

It's not a commentary. they don't do "non commentary" vids of full games.

All the vids on machinima are from their contracted directors, They get sh*tloads of these vids and not even all of these are uploaded they just don't upload vids from "nobody's" - Danny doesn't even have a channel of his own.

And I hate to say it but he played an entire HQ game and didn't try and capture the HQ once, that's not playing the objective, most defends maybe but that's only cos the HQ was close towhere he was kill-whoring.

Swordfish

Prominent Member
Being realistic, there's zero chance of machinima uploading it mate, for a few reasons:

It's not a commentary. they don't do "non commentary" vids of full games.

All the vids on machinima are from their contracted directors, They get sh*tloads of these vids and not even all of these are uploaded they just don't upload vids from "nobody's" - Danny doesn't even have a channel of his own.

And I hate to say it but he played an entire HQ game and didn't try and capture the HQ once, that's not playing the objective, most defends maybe but that's only cos the HQ was close towhere he was kill-whoring.

I thought the same about Machinima but I think you're wrong, at least according to their Facebook page. Anyone can submit a video and it says it just has to be a good gameplay, not a commentary. They obviously have thousands of videos submitted so yeah it probably won't get picked but thought there is no harm in trying.

EDIT: and can you honestly say you always play the objective when playing on your own with randoms? Partied up is a different story.

Last edited:

KMC

Banned
Swordfish this needs to be commentated on.

The score is Machinima standard, better then most directors, he is playing the objective and It's one hell of a good gameplay.

If this gets commentated on and get on twitter and post the link to some directors, who knows, but a commentary is a must.

Good stuff though.

Tall_Paul

Distinguished Member
I thought the same about Machinima but I think you're wrong, at least according to their Facebook page. Anyone can submit a video and it says it just has to be a good gameplay, not a commentary. They obviously have thousands of videos submitted so yeah it probably won't get picked but thought there is no harm in trying.

EDIT: and can you honestly say you always play the objective when playing on your own with randoms? Partied up is a different story.

It may well say that, but have a look on the respawn channel and see if you can find a non-commentated full game vid. They will be getting hunreds of vids per day probably at the moment.

And do I always play the objective when playing with greenies? Yes. Always. Most of the time with detrimental effect to my KDR too!! I will be the first on a flag or into a HQ, I actually find it a little offensive that you'd think I wouldn't play the objective, anyone who knows how I play knows I will always go for the objective, I can easily find games of me going very negative (partied up and not partied up) because I was going for the win and not killwhoring. My KRD would be about 0.5 better if I didn't go for objectives.

Swordfish

Prominent Member
I actually find it a little offensive that you'd think I wouldn't play the objective,

Why would you find that offensive? I asked a question and you've answered it. If I wanted to make accusations I would go through your last 100 games to find evidence to back up any accusations if I wanted to prove you wrong or see if you're right, but that thought never occurred to me until now, I'd rather just trust what you say.

EDIT: And as my opening post said, I thought there was a lack of objective playing which is why I've asked for people's opinions, which I appreciate.

Last edited:

KMC

Banned
Calm down guys. Paul plays the objective, I see alot of players play an objective that post on here.

Back to the video I agree with Hubba It's an awesome vid, try twittering this game play to

Adam Montoya (SeaNanners) on Twitter

/Sark
/TheImightyHutch
/F1st << GOT GUNIT 123 ON MACHINIMA XNASAONE, BY POSTING THERE GAMEPLAYS.

also twitter the score.

F1st would surely reply as he has replied to me on youtube a few times.

Good luck!

Fen Star

Prominent Member
Have to say looking at that i think even though he didn't dive on the HQ like i would have, he did do a lot of holding the enemy team down, it helped that he was in proximity to where the HQ was aswell(which is a must) its no good shooting loads of enemy if your not shooting the ones killing me while i'm trying to capture defend the HQ/Objective etc, which is why if you are not going to capture you should be protecting somebody who is capturing/defending i would be more than happy with what he did, the kill streaks alone did a good job of holding the enemy down....:smashin:

Hubba-EX

Prominent Member
Also if you are serious about Machinima, consider getting Danny to use lower killstreaks to get beast gameplay. I remember during MW2 time they stopped accepting chopper gunner/nuke gameplays because it was so common. And get his own channel with commentary. Danny sounds like he would be a good commentator as he is never short for words on the mic.

One of the best things about Black Ops is the theater mode, you wouldn't have to have your PVR running all the time.

Dan684

Prominent Member
Also if you are serious about Machinima, consider getting Danny to use lower killstreaks to get beast gameplay. I remember during MW2 time they stopped accepting chopper gunner/nuke gameplays because it was so common. And get his own channel with commentary. Danny sounds like he would be a good commentator as he is never short for words on the mic.

One of the best things about Black Ops is the theater mode, you wouldn't have to have your PVR running all the time.

I remember him commentating in some private matches we had and most of us were in tears :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Send it in Paul whats the worst that can happen?

BaldyBonito

Established Member
Is quite good kill-whoring tbh, as paul said though, no objective playing in an objective game atall. I think maybe 80% of the people from A2A, BoBs, GNE1 etc could do kill-whoring like this easy enough, so not sure if its really that stand out to be honest.

I'd still post it off though and see what they say, worst they can do is say no, right?

Stuey1

Prominent Member
Ive not watched the video as for some reason it is erroring, but i can pretty much guess whats going on....

Most of the people i have seen on machinima never go for flags/bombs/captures anyway so can't say that would be an issue. Id say it can't do any harm sending it in but i wouldn't hold out any hope as i imagine they get loads of videos sent to them especially now black op's records them for you.

Stuey1

Prominent Member
Is quite good kill-whoring tbh, as paul said though, no objective playing in an objective game at all. I think maybe 80% of the people from A2A, BoBs, GNE1 etc could do kill-whoring like this easy enough, so not sure if its really that stand out to be honest.

I'd still post it off though and see what they say, worst they can do is say no, right?

Well i cant talk for GNE1 or BoBs but i can assure you 80% of A2A can't get over 100 kills in a single match but thanks for the compliment :)

Like i said i havent seen the video though, I can imagine that danny won't really go for the captures but thats not what he should be doing when he is as good as he is at killing people, its no good having 6 people just sat next to the HQ as they will just get blown up by one semtex and IF he is actually around the area of the HQ and not over the other side of the map then i would say there isn't much wrong with that.

steviegall

Prominent Member
true you need people holding back the enemy team and going for kills but when your equip a class with ghost and a strela(black ops' stinger) and swap it out for a 2nd primary instead of shooting down the enemy spy plane and counter spy plane that is in the air it doesnt do you team any favours either< 12:00-12:13

IMontoya79

Established Member
it kinda says it in the first moments for me, "capture the objective" and while the gameplay is good and hes beasting it up a treat if i was on his team and going for the objective id get a bit annoyed if im then getting all the deaths that should be his... i think that makes sense...

but i agree that the worst is that it can be a no, whats the point of making the vid if you dont give it a try :)

Swordfish

Prominent Member
true you need people holding back the enemy team and going for kills but when your equip a class with ghost and a strela(black ops' stinger) and swap it out for a 2nd primary instead of shooting down the enemy spy plane and counter spy plane that is in the air it doesnt do you team any favours either< 12:00-12:13

Good point, but as the other team didn't get a look in it wasn't really relevant.

Tall_Paul

Distinguished Member
To be honest, looking at dannys recent games (what a great feature that is :D) I don't think he goes into a HQ game with any intention of playing the objective... :rolleyes:

EG: 48-13, no captures no defends, all but one of him team mates went negative, they lose 250-20.

62-26, they lose by 165-65.

Most of his games of HQ have a wildly positive KDR, so it's pretty obvious that's the game mode to fluff up the kd a little :D

Tbh if he was a greenie playing alongside most BoBs he'd be getting a right earful to play the sodding objective. :thumbsdow

Det

Distinguished Member
TP, that's what most of those youtube commentators do, they play an objective game 30 (or 300) times to get one worthy of posting up.

I don't see a problem with that game to be honest since his team were capping the objectives. Although if they weren't (like the other games TP mentions) then I think he should have gone for the objectives or kept the enemy out of the HQ even if it means losing your KS to get there.

I think there always needs to be at least 1 (at most 2) kill whores in any objective game to generally make it hard as hell for the enemy to get to the objectives. But if your team is in danger of losing the objective game, then you should adapt to get the objectives.

But for me lately, playing with randoms, I am the only one to go positive and it's barely and I have the most caps/defends and we still effing lose. I hate that it puts me with people who just figured out how to turn their analog stick.

Dave H

Prominent Member
Good video but slightly off topic but why does it look like he's half changing guns all the time, what's going on ?

Dave.

meweavy

Distinguished Member
he looks like an amazing player.its made me want to silence the famas again.my fmas doesnt look nowhere near as effective as that.
what a great clip.

Swordfish

Prominent Member
Good video but slightly off topic but why does it look like he's half changing guns all the time, what's going on ?

Dave.

He has a terrible habit of swapping out his secondary for a dead enemy's gun so he doesn't run out of ammo. However despite this it helps him rank up quicker because he is always getting challenges for the different guns and attachments. :smashin:

steviegall

Prominent Member
every second i was in the chopper gunner i was calling out positions to my team mates so they could intercept the enemies before they got to the bombs and while i cant tell for sure that wasnt what danny was doing through his game i can guess.
and half of the team were BoBs so you would have had your mic on for that very reason, do you have your mic on when playing with 5 greenies?, I don't[/B].

i spent my time ads behind that bin because it gives me the perfect line of sight at the main thoroughfare from the attackers spawn toward A bomb site

Yep just like Danny was doing
also i never claimed my performances to be faultless and id be curious for you to point out my "bold statement" as you put it

Your bold statement was criticising Danny's gameplay by saying you had a similar score but played the objective, which is just as debatable, however Danny's was a more entertaining gameplay IMO, which along with a 100 kill score makes it Machinima worthy IMO

EDIT: I'm also conscious that we are hijacking Chalky's thread so perhaps we could take this elsewhere?
yeah i have my mic on every time i play, be it with 5 greenies or a full party, otherwise what would be the point in having one?

so was danny watching a main traffic area between their spawn and the hq when the hq was at C dom and he was in the building between A and B dom:confused::confused:, does he have a wall hack or something?

i hope you do submit it and i hope it does go up, just to see what the public as a whole thinks of the gameplay

i imagine a greater percentage will think ill of it rather than think it was entertaining

done and done

steviegall

Prominent Member

Dave.

i think youll find he is double tapping triangle, its a left over from the leet quikscoping days of mw2

meweavy

Distinguished Member
He has a terrible habit of swapping out his secondary for a dead enemy's gun so he doesn't run out of ammo. However despite this it helps him rank up quicker because he is always getting challenges for the different guns and attachments. :smashin:

thats a good idea.i never thought of doing that.so you can use an A.R as a secondary.

im trying that.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom