Your opinion please...

Gamer-GaZzaz

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have finished my first computer build and was hoping to get some advise as to whether my computer is lacking anything or if their is a bottleneck in my system spec. Here it goes:-

Monitor: 15" HD TV (Not too pleased about the downgrade from my parents 50" HD TV but meh)

Motherboard: Asrock PENRYN1600SLI-110DB 650i Sli Socket 775 Motherboard - Aria Technology

RAM: 4x (8gb total) Arianet 2GB PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM - Aria Technology

Processor: (I actually have the 2.0ghz model but they do not sell it. I have however overclocked it to 2.2ghz) Intel Pentium Dual Core E2200 2.2GHz (oem 775) - Aria Technology

Hardrive: 160GB Samsung Spinpoint SATA2 8MB - Aria Technology

Graphics card: (I have the 1GB model) nVidia GeForce 9500GT 512MB PCI-E Passive Cooling - Aria Technology

DVD-RW: NEC Optiarc AD-7201S 20x Internal DVDRW Lightscribe Black - SATA - Aria Technology

Case: I cant find my case but it is black with LOTS of small holes... And BIG!

Power supply: I cant find that either but it's 1000Watts... I know... YEAH! POWAAA!

Operating system: Home Vista Premium 64bit

Let me know what you think ^_^ :lease:

I've been out of the PC hardware front for a while, But Asrock can't be any good, even now.

Try and spend a bit more on ur mobo, as a crap mobo will bottleneck your perfomance of everything else.

But like I said, I've been out of building PC's for a while now.
Also hard drives are quite cheap atm, try and get one with larger capacity, I would say at least a 320gb, usually the larger the drive the faster it is when compared to a lower capacity.

Hope that helps.

I'm sure someone will correct me if im wrong

Last edited:
IMO that system aside from the amount of RAM is well balanced, adding to it would create a bottleneck. I'm not including the PSU because I don't think you can ever have too much power.

why a 1000watts absolute overkill with that graphics card. else seems fine
You get the same result from a 300watt psu so why is 1000watt overkill? I have alot of useless mod lights and stuff so the more power the better!

I've been out of the PC hardware front for a while, But Asrock can't be any good, even now.

Try and spend a bit more on ur mobo, as a crap mobo will bottleneck your perfomance of everything else.

But like I said, I've been out of building PC's for a while now.
Also hard drives are quite cheap atm, try and get one with larger capacity, I would say at least a 320gb, usually the larger the drive the faster it is when compared to a lower capacity.

Hope that helps.

I'm sure someone will correct me if im wrong
Well as i am unemployed thanks too the credit crunch i am on the doll so i didnt have alot of money. I like this mobo as my foxconn wouldnt work and neither would my ecs so this one gives me what i want :D! And i will think about getting another hard drive. I bareley use the one i have as it is still new.

Sorry to hear you're on the Jam Roll, that must suck.

You're PC set up sounds fine, but not sure why you posted it for opinions when you clearly can't spend any money improving it and are not really very welcoming to peoples opinions anyway.

Setup all sounds good to me anyway, but I'd have gone for a quad core personally.

Sorry to hear you're on the Jam Roll, that must suck.

You're PC set up sounds fine, but not sure why you posted it for opinions when you clearly can't spend any money improving it and are not really very welcoming to peoples opinions anyway.

Setup all sounds good to me anyway, but I'd have gone for a quad core personally.
Yeah sorry if i sounded like a dick lol.
I actually really want a quad core. I just wanted too know if anyone else thought i really needed it or not. Thanks for confirming things for me ^_^

I'm getting a 1000W PSU for with my new build, probably this one, simply because i'm going to have a HD4850 and 5 HDDS, will want to add optical drives and probably more drives, it's alway sgood to have the room for expansion.

Sounds like a good build to me, gives you the option for adding stuff later to it should you ever want to :thumbsup:

Errr waste of money as it isn't needed and it won't be very efficient thus wasting more money....

He's already got the PSU and as it's a modern one it won't be inefficient, it'll draw what it needs :rolleyes:

Why did I get an email as follows but the post hasn't appeared here?

"
Harry84 has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Your opinion please... - in the Computer Systems forum of AVForums.com.

This thread is located at:
http://www.avforums.com/forums/computer-systems/919875-your-opinion-please-new-post.html

Here is the message that has just been posted:

You do realize psu's are at their most efficient when running at about 80% load right?, the system the op posted will draw nowhere near that much, its a waste of money, plain an simple!"

Whats your budget mate? The system looks pretty weak to be honest. Poor motherboard, CPU and graphics. Just wondered how much you have priced it up for?

He's already got the PSU and as it's a modern one it won't be inefficient, it'll draw what it needs :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Read the link i posted earlier...it explains power efficiency. Basically a power supply needs to be under a decent amount of load in order to achieve high efficiency, the system in question will not provide anywhere near this load.

Whats your budget mate? The system looks pretty weak to be honest. Poor motherboard, CPU and graphics. Just wondered how much you have priced it up for?

As cheap as possible too run world of warcraft lol. I must say i have all the graphics turned too maximum and it runs quick for little money so i don't really see it as poor when i spent a total of £250 including the psu and case.

For the people who haven't managed to read the original post properly.

THE OP HAS ALREADY BOUGHT THIS SYSTEM.

So yes the PSU is on the large side but he already has it, he wanted to know if there were any bottle necks in his ALREADY assembled system.

Hi

Read the OP's first post and the system looks OK. Another hard drive can be added if 160GB proves to be too small.

The load from the PC components will only draw power they need from the PSU, so thats OK. The thing is, the PSU alone will draw about 150-200 watts - it being such a monster! But as Mike Spence says you can never have too much power, always handy for the future.

Using a 15" TV as a monitor is OK. The response time might be a bit iffy compared to a real monitor.

But I cannot see any bottleneck in general - seems well balanced.

Alan

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks too the guys who actually helped lol!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom