Your "likes"

Remember if asked. We have no recollection of this exchange happening.

More than a few mentally ill on here today, no laughing matter but is your ward closed :rotfl:

Saying someone believes in conspiracy theories has mental problems sounds like a modern approach to dismiss them.
It often begins with expectation bias - not unknown here when it comes to HDMI cables improving the picture.

No they're not. They are anything but. UFOs are a fact by definition.

Believing a UFO full of little green men landed at Roswell and it was covered up, that's a conspiracy theory.
Well, done. A clear example of a very important distinction. Interesting to witness that some already don't get that part :)

Agreed, a lot of people are eager to be worth conspiring against.
That isn't a joke by the way.

(I've just been on a two day mental illness course so I'd now consider myself an expert in the field)
just make a YouTube video ... that will make these people see you as a tenured professor

Police also warning people to be careful when tweeting or facebooking regarding Alfie Evans. So make sure your opinion licence is up to date.
Surprised there wasn't a thread on here about Alfie. Or did I miss it?

I dont think there was one. I looked in the general last week and did'nt see one.

I dont think there was one. I looked in the general last week and did'nt see one.
Strange there was no thread and incredible that the distasteful past of the father was never raised.

Evangelical pro-life MAGA fudgewits now attacking "socialized medicine" for killing babies, politicising Alfie against supporters of universal healthcare and the ACA.

Two RNLI workers sacked for having mugs with naked women on them. Literally for the bants.

After the men were dismissed, three others resigned “in protest”, arguing the mugs were “just banter”

RNLI lifeboat crew sacked in row over naked woman mugs

Think we all agree this is just silly. I've seen worse novelty mugs in the shape of body parts in work places and everyone just had a laugh over them.

there will be bans on stag do's and hen party's next.

Think we all agree this is just silly..

It depends on exactly what they were dismissed for. The story only touches on the social media part of this, they've possibly broken social media policy after ignoring a manager's instruction to remove the mugs.

The real story often isn't as clickbait worthy as the headline.

"associated social media activity directed at an RNLI staff member" is what is possibly being glossed over in order to trigger the Marv's of this world's sense of social injustice :D

"associated social media activity directed at an RNLI staff member" is what is possibly being glossed over in order to trigger the Marv's of this world's sense of social injustice :D

Stop letting facts get in the way of a good 'bants' post IG

From the vague article, clearly written to trigger certain people, it suggests that the two volunteers (can you be sacked if you're a volunteer?) had bought mugs with the face of "one crewman" on the naked woman's body. There's no indication that the crewman was either of the two people who created the mugs and then goes on to state online WhatsApp activity and bullying so that makes me think the face was of another crewman so they were therefore stood down for bullying in the workplace.

I might be wrong but sometimes 'bants' is just another name for being a bit of a d1ck.

The story I saw (it was in The Sun, so take it with a pinch of salt :) was that the mugs had to be removed in case they happened to be seen by visiting school children.

Sounds like there are at least two different (but related) incidents here.

If a manager(for example) has seen them and been triggered, which has led into a further investigation leading to the the whatsapp group. The fact someone was triggered by a couple of mugs in the first place (like me on this story) says alot.

It's usually the person who dosent join in with the bants or feels they have no place in 2018 that report these types of things.

For sure if they are in a place that children can be present then the individuals that used the mugs should have known better. If in a place that is private then the mugs should have been no problem.

If a manager(for example) has seen them and been triggered, which has led into a further investigation leading to the the whatsapp group. The fact someone was triggered by a couple of mugs in the first place (like me on this story) says alot.

Indeed, it probably says that the mugs were a breach of company policy and would lead to disciplinary action unless removed. That's not withstanding the possibility, mentioned above, that they were used to bully another staff member, also against policy. How dare they have rules in place.

Marv has acknowledged that he was triggered by the headline, and we don't have enough information on what really happened to make this worth discussing further IMHO (that's me not mod me speaking :))

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom