Quantcast

Your Import Blu/DVD Treasures

Delorean88mph

Standard Member
Hey Guys and Girls.

I am new to the forums, but certainly not new to the world of DVD and Blu Ray.

I have always been a huge fan of picking up cracking releases of A List and B-Movie films.

I was curious to see how many members collect "Special Editions" of certain titles.

Just some of my collection :
- Savage Streets - Region 1 BCI and Scorpion DVD Releases
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 Blu Ray (Shout Factory Region A)
- Raise The Titanic (Shout Factory Region A)
- Howard the Duck (Special Edition Region 1)

It would be really cool to hear about some of your collection!

Cheers,

Mark

Indiana Jones

Don't have many SEs anymore (used too years ago though) but treasure wise that would go to...

Red Dwarf Series 1 DVD (signed by Lister, Rimmer, Cat and Holly)
Star Wars Episode 1 DVD (movie disc signed by Ray Park aka Darth Maul)
Thunderbirds 1965 (Kickstarter produced and has my name in the 'Special Thanks' section)

Coz22998

Distinguished Member
Welcome to the forums chief.

I used to hunt out the special editions far more on dvd than I do now on blu but my faves have to be:
5DAD3B80-CFA2-4485-97FD-43DE2960A4B9.jpeg

Region 3 Dvd collectors set of House of Flying Daggers

EB152531-8138-4280-816C-4092D8CEE1D5.jpeg

Region 3 dvd set of Seven Swords (with seven cute as a button miniature swords!!)

6E3AC431-6E05-42FF-A219-2FD8FFEAEA92.jpeg

The original blu Trunk set of Puppet Master (now superceeded by a mega trunk but this’ll do me fine).

Cool thread! Let’s keep ‘em coming.....

Attachments

simonblue

Distinguished Member

I used to hunt out the special editions far more on dvd than I do now on blu but my faves have to be:
View attachment 1026659

View attachment 1026657
Region 3 dvd set of Seven Swords (with seven cute as a button miniature swords!!)

View attachment 1026660
The original blu Trunk set of Puppet Master (now superceeded by a mega trunk but this’ll do me fine).

That House of the Flying Dragon is amazing,very jealous :D

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member

View attachment 1026659

View attachment 1026657

View attachment 1026660

I havent seen the Puppet Master for a while Coz. Have you? ;)

Delorean88mph

Standard Member
Don't have many SEs anymore (used too years ago though) but treasure wise that would go to...

Red Dwarf Series 1 DVD (signed by Lister, Rimmer, Cat and Holly)
Star Wars Episode 1 DVD (movie disc signed by Ray Park aka Darth Maul)
Thunderbirds 1965 (Kickstarter produced and has my name in the 'Special Thanks' section)
Thunderbirds is pure awesome. Was brought up on it. So glad the Kickstarter was a success.
I go all excitable when Fireflash is trying to land on the platform cars in Ep1.
I pretty much wore out my VHS of “Pit of Peril” as a kid.

bruce-leroy

Distinguished Member

View attachment 1026659

View attachment 1026657

View attachment 1026660

Wow, I still have the House of Flying Daggers dvd set. very cool. I did have Seven Swords but sold it on as I didn’t love the film enough to keep it.

I also have Kung Fu Hustle Japanese LE dvd set lying around somewhere - an awesome set (unfortunately worth next to nothing these days!).

I also used to collect the dvd LEs like a madman but ended up getting rid of them when the wife came along. :D

brian s

Distinguished Member
Wow, I still have the House of Flying Daggers dvd set. very cool. I did have Seven Swords but sold it on as I didn’t love the film enough to keep it.

I also have Kung Fu Hustle Japanese LE dvd set lying around somewhere - an awesome set (unfortunately worth next to nothing these days!).

I also used to collect the dvd LEs like a madman but ended up getting rid of them when the wife came along. :D
What did that Japanese version of Hustle have over the UK version and did it have English subs?

Bri

bruce-leroy

Distinguished Member
What did that Japanese version of Hustle have over the UK version and did it have English subs?

Bri
I don’t think it has anything extra special over the other versions , other than it’s an LE with fancy packaging and additional bits like the t shirt. It does have English subtitles. :)

Graham

I have a DVD of Fight Club in the old brown paper bag style slipcase packaging, signed by Chuck Palahniuk. That’s pretty treasured!

Trending threads

Top Bottom