Your Idea Of A Perfect Day -

Thanks for this and sorry to hear what you have been through.

Yes do often feel fatigued as well but that's because can be so inactive at times. Plus always feel dehydrated and constantly drinking, anything from water and milk to squash, fizzy pop and alcohol.

I think I'll avoid the doctors and sort it out myself as I really don't get on with them.
Please. Go. To. The. Doctor.

Not going to harangue you on every post about your health but I’ll just hassle you on this one.

It could be nothing. It could be something. Your symptoms aren’t normal for you and they would suggest that diabetes needs to be ruled out. (I’m Type 1, diagnosed 9 years ago).

Avoiding the doctor in this situation is just foolhardy and, if it is something, trust me, you’re not going to be able to ‘sort it out’ yourself.

Edited to add: you have polyuria - weeing lots and also polydipsia - drinking lots because you’re overly thirsty. A diabetes check would be absolutely indicated as both are very significant symptoms.

Please. Go. To. The. Doctor.

Not going to harangue you on every post about your health but I’ll just hassle you on this one.

It could be nothing. It could be something. Your symptoms aren’t normal for you and they would suggest that diabetes needs to be ruled out. (I’m Type 1, diagnosed 9 years ago).

Avoiding the doctor in this situation is just foolhardy and, if it is something, trust me, you’re not going to be able to ‘sort it out’ yourself.
Thanks, I agree in all honesty. I will call tomorrow, all I can do is present them with what's happening, it's up to them if they deem it necessary to be treated.

Ideally it'll be a 1-2 week off work, I'd wake up and be sleep watching episodes of a favourite comedy sitcom that I've recorded but normally not enough time to watch it. Always a good mood setter as well as still makes me laugh.

Postperson comes about mid morning with post that will include a completion certificate showing the end of a course I'm following and another piece of post confirming my 6 or 7 figure win on the lottery. I then start to plan where I'll buy my new home.

Then go visit my mother in the afternoon who's not in the best of health. I then give the good news to my sibling who lives with her and give him the delight to tell the local authority to where to stick the thoughtless carers they found for her and that we're better off doing the caring ourselves.

Just before the school run, I'll return home to pack my bags to go visit another sibling in Canada with the plan to buy a property over there too with him as well as see the family and then embark on a cruise that will somehow include visit to the Maldives, Japan, Spain, Amsterdam and then back to the UK.

Yeahhh that will do!! 😊😊

I have no idea what a perfect day is! I've realised since I was 20 or so that sometimes you have perfect moments not days, and you cherish them.

For example, when I was in Yosemite Valley, the missus had gone for a nap so I went for a walk. Took a beer with me, probably a bud light or something else rubbish, but found a spot on my own.

Looking up at the view, with a beer, just thinking 'you know, life is pretty damn good'.

Had a few of those moments, some in fancy views, some just sitting in the garden watching the cats and the trees in a summer's day. Always memorable, always moments, but I love them. Not sure I could fill a day with that feeling.
Beautifully put @Lezman :)

This is going to sound very yukky, but my perfect day is every day I'm able to spend with Mrs TG.

We've been married for 53 years and, at our age, we treasure every moment because we don't know what's just around the corner.

A comfortable sun bed on a warm beach with the gentle sound of waves crashing on the beach, tasty food and drink and the company of friends and loved ones

Thanks for this and sorry to hear what you have been through.

Yes do often feel fatigued as well but that's because can be so inactive at times. Plus always feel dehydrated and constantly drinking, anything from water and milk to squash, fizzy pop and alcohol.

I think I'll avoid the doctors and sort it out myself as I really don't get on with them.
Ok , now these do sound like classic Diabetes symptoms - PLEASE GET CHECKED OUT TODAY .

It's not all bad news - it could be Type 2 Diabetes and this can be reversed through weight loss - my next door neighbour is only in his 40s - he was diagnosed with Type 2 and managed to reverse it .

A friend of mine was recently diagnosed with diabetes - he was experiencing the exact symptoms you are currently .

If left untreated Diabetes can cause all sorts nasty stuff - I won't scare you on here , just take my word for it .

You may only need to take a tablet but I know several people who need to inject themselves with insulin every day , it's no big deal but it can save your life .

Covid is still doing the rounds , you are AT RISK just now , my old mate so please please please get yourself off to the Doctor ASAP .

I'm alright now , thanks - I suffered septic shock back in December 2012 - was in hospital for 3 months - by all reports I should have died [ Doctors told my wife to prepare the family for my death ] but I guess it wasn't my time , I'm a lucky boy .

Look after yourself , mate - we only get to experience this once [ unless you're a Buddhist ] - the old ones are the best .

Take Care . :thumbsup:

A comfortable sun bed on a warm beach with the gentle sound of waves crashing on the beach, tasty food and drink and the company of friends and loved ones
Same, or travelling through nature, whether it’s a walk or sailing I don’t mind, something where you can touch, hear and smell the natural surroundings.
Basically anything with greenery, sunshine and water (optional).

Ok , now these do sound like classic Diabetes symptoms - PLEASE GET CHECKED OUT TODAY .

It's not all bad news - it could be Type 2 Diabetes and this can be reversed through weight loss - my next door neighbour is only in his 40s - he was diagnosed with Type 2 and managed to reverse it .

A friend of mine was recently diagnosed with diabetes - he was experiencing the exact symptoms you are currently .

If left untreated Diabetes can cause all sorts nasty stuff - I won't scare you on here , just take my word for it .

You may only need to take a tablet but I know several people who need to inject themselves with insulin every day , it's no big deal but it can save your life .

Covid is still doing the rounds , you are AT RISK just now , my old mate so please please please get yourself off to the Doctor ASAP .

I'm alright now , thanks - I suffered septic shock back in December 2012 - was in hospital for 3 months - by all reports I should have died [ Doctors told my wife to prepare the family for my death ] but I guess it wasn't my time , I'm a lucky boy .

Look after yourself , mate - we only get to experience this once [ unless you're a Buddhist ] - the old ones are the best .

I rang the doctor and told them, I'm awaiting a call back. I think though I will reverse it easy enough through weight loss as from 1st April when energy shoots through the roof, any money I do get via ESA eventually will be going on that rather than crisps.

I rang the doctor and told them, I'm awaiting a call back. I think though I will reverse it easy enough through weight loss as from 1st April when energy shoots through the roof, any money I do get via ESA eventually will be going on that rather than crisps.
Ok , this is going off topic a bit but if it saves your life it's worth it . :)

Like a lot of people I put on weight during Covid - we weren't allowed out further than 3 miles from our homes - stress levels went up , exercise went out the window - biscuits went in the mouth [ you get the picture ] . I was tested for diabetes , my HbA1c number was 41 which is pre-diabetic . Putting weight on is easy , getting rid of it no so easy .
I became disabled in 2011 so I know all about ESA and having to live on it - you have my sympathies .
You can still eat crisps as part of a calorie controlled diet . :)

Good Luck .

...........................................................................................................................................................................................

As for ' Perfect Days ' -
My idea of one has changed considerably as I've aged - sitting outside in the sun with a good book .
Going out with my camera no matter the weather .
Having my Family around me .

I was diagnosed with pre-diabetes a month or so ago, I've joined an NHS support group with the aim of getting back to safety. I'm type 2 and they're very strong on the "It can be reversed", as you've said, loose weight, more exercise and watch your diet.

I have to photograph my meals and list my drinks, nothings forbidden but you have to be careful how much you eat of the things that can cause diabetes.

What's surprising is even fruit has a lot of sugar, I really like my fruit as well :blush:

Most Tuesdays when we have our granddaughter for the day.
She is utterly adorable and we are besotted with her.

I was diagnosed with pre-diabetes a month or so ago, I've joined an NHS support group with the aim of getting back to safety. I'm type 2 and they're very strong on the "It can be reversed", as you've said, loose weight, more exercise and watch your diet.

I have to photograph my meals and list my drinks, nothings forbidden but you have to be careful how much you eat of the things that can cause diabetes.

What's surprising is even fruit has a lot of sugar, I really like my fruit as well :blush:
I have had to do similar to this before (writing everything down and monitoring to make sure I ate) so wouldn't be a problem again, I dont mind doing that but wouldn't join any groups.

I have had to do similar to this before (writing everything down and monitoring to make sure I ate) so wouldn't be a problem again, I dont mind doing that but wouldn't join any groups.
I'm on a one to one basis, rather than part of a group.

I requested it because I don't do well as part of a group, even with people I know.

Anyway, good luck what ever happens.

Having zero responsibility for a day.

Really interesting question. Not sure these days.

I think a perfect day would involve me watching Liverpool at anfield and then havinf a curry after.

Or just chilling on a warm beach somewhere abroad. I remember lazing on a beach in South Thailand and that was bliss.

I win the lottery
Boss & surrounding management are involved in a fatal car crash
I find a time machine
Suddenly wake up to find I have god-like powers
There is a upper wage cap so we don't have someone earning 100x more than someone else.
Housing, Heating and Food are supplied free as a basic human right.
They stop putting marzipan under the icing on cakes.

I have been thinking about this question and how sad am I as I cannot think of anything? 😃

I win the lottery
Boss & surrounding management are involved in a fatal car crash
I find a time machine
Suddenly wake up to find I have god-like powers
There is a upper wage cap so we don't have someone earning 100x more than someone else.
Housing, Heating and Food are supplied free as a basic human right.
They stop putting marzipan under the icing on cakes.

Ah you were going so well. That last one really puts a damper on the whole day for me. I love marzipan.

No effing way. 😃😃
:laugh:
Sure? I thought you liked her.

ectoo8zl05n21.png

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom