Your Idea Of A Perfect Day -

Skyehammer

Prominent Member
Reaction score
In my youth my idea of a ' Perfect Day ' would have been -

A round of golf in the morning followed by a day at the races [ Horse Racing ] -

I never achieved that despite living in Hertfordshire for 10 years .

Yesterday I went for a short walk with my family along the river by Kinloch in the South of Skye -

We were all sitting down in the sun next to this rather large pool when we heard the honking sound that geese make - I looked up thinking a goose was about to land - then the sound came again , this time it appeared to come from the ' island ' right in front of us , a bit of land that the river had cut off from the field we were in where small trees / shrubs were growing . I peered in but couldn't see any signs of a goose .
Then the noise came again ...Honk... Honk ..Honk..
We looked closely at the pool and saw a load of frogs or toads swimming about and doing things that frogs and toads do in springtime .
The ' Honking ' noise was being created by the Frogs / Toads .

It turned a simple walk into something a bit special and we all learned something new , then we went home and had a nice dinner [ Spiced Vegetable Crumble - Roast Potatoes - Green Beans and Carrots ] then watched a Netflix series recommended by our Daughter , ' Pieces Of Her ' starring the brilliant Toni Collette '

Hardly a Perfect Day but good enough for me .

What's your idea of a Perfect Day ?

Get up late , read Sunday paper and magazine, watch News. Stroll round garden to see how plants are coming along, do wordscape and Wordle, look at emails and bits online, maybe drop in on family via Alexa. Simple dinner, TV with snacks. Boring, but I like it!

Wake up (early), open the curtains to bright sunshine, drink 2 litres of lucozade. Go for a short drive, find a nice comfortable spot to lie on the floor (wet grass would be ideal in the park) then stay there until it was dusk.

Drive to the seaside, watch the sunset, take a flask of coffee and go and lie on the sand to fall asleep. Then in the morning hope the tide has carried me off somewhere in the ocean and I wake up on land to do the same again.

Wake up (early), open the curtains to bright sunshine, drink 2 litres of lucozade. Go for a short drive, find a nice comfortable spot to lie on the floor (wet grass would be ideal in the park) then stay there until it was dusk.

Drive to the seaside, watch the sunset, take a flask of coffee and go and lie on the sand to fall asleep. Then in the morning hope the tide has carried me off somewhere in the ocean and I wake up on land to do the same again.
After 2 litres of lucozade , a nearby loo as well?

Nice walk in the sunshine, followed by a pub lunch and a few pints in the beer garden. A night on the town after that.

just chilling after getting the first week of a new job out of the way (first week is always the hardest and I was thrown in at the deep end)

Get up, have the missus do all the cooking, washing and wiping up, for the day. Have a full English breakfast, then get on the beers. It would be FA cup final day and would watch West Ham beat Tottenham 10-0, on the telly. Rib eye steak dinner, then in the evening it would be the final session of the World snooker final and Ronnie O'Sullivan would beat Ali Carter 18-0.

Drove to Kylerhea this afternoon , it's an 8 mile single track road and thankfully we met just one car coming the other way [ ferry doesn't start until Easter ] -
It was even nicer than yesterday - we walked down to the Otter Hide , met a lovely American gentleman and his wife - took a few photos and walked back to the car .
It's been raining here every day since September it would seem and this week has been just wonderful , sunny days every day , such a relief .
Another perfect day .

I have no idea what a perfect day is! I've realised since I was 20 or so that sometimes you have perfect moments not days, and you cherish them.

For example, when I was in Yosemite Valley, the missus had gone for a nap so I went for a walk. Took a beer with me, probably a bud light or something else rubbish, but found a spot on my own.

Looking up at the view, with a beer, just thinking 'you know, life is pretty damn good'.

Had a few of those moments, some in fancy views, some just sitting in the garden watching the cats and the trees in a summer's day. Always memorable, always moments, but I love them. Not sure I could fill a day with that feeling.

I had one at the start of March. A walk in the woods/park on a sunny day with our dogs. A lazy afternoon, followed by dinner somewhere we haven't been since before covid hit, then saw a band we love.

I've probably developed diabetes given how much I need to wee these days so would probably take a portapotty round with me.
Have you had a test? That's what got me diagnosed type 1 about ten years ago because I told my doctor I was having to pee about ten times a day, not normal for a guy at all.

Anyway, I'd win big on the Euro millions, give every one of my family members a million each.

Then I'd buy a solid gold house.

Dry sunny day with low humidity, all the neighbours at the coast, and some light fettling in the back garden, in silence other than the sounds of nature.
I love the garden from now until October

Oh and an unexpected visit from Liz Hurley with a bottle of something. 🤩

Have you had a test? That's what got me diagnosed type 1 about ten years ago because I told my doctor I was having to pee about ten times a day, not normal for a guy at all.

Anyway, I'd win big on the Euro millions, give every one of my family members a million each.

Then I'd buy a solid gold house.
I haven't, I keep putting it off like everything else :(

I know I should tell the doctor as it's happened fairly recently the excessive needing to pee.

I know I should tell the doctor as it's happened fairly recently the excessive needing to pee.
You should definitely do it, sounds the same as me.

Do you have any other symptoms ?
Fatigue is another symptom of oncoming diabetes .

n 2014 I suffered from the complete opposite - I wasn't peeing at all - I've only got one kidney and in 2012/2013 I had suffered multiple organ failure [ kidney - lungs and eventually my heart stopped working ] - so when I realised I hadn't peed for hours I went straight to the hospital thinking my kidney had packed in again - the Doctor scanned my bladder and told me it was full [ nothing wrong with the kidney ] - it was a prostate problem .

Excessive urination could be anything , but if it is diabetes it's best to get it checked out TODAY !!!

Good Luck . :thumbsup:

Wake up in a Colorado/Utah ski resort after a huge snow dump and spend the day chest deep in crystaline tinkly powder making fresh tracks on a deserted mountain. Hot tub with a drink outside at dusk to wind down just as it gently starts snowing again. Nod off eventually in front of the dying embers of a log fire thinking about how I'll be doing it all again the following day.
Have someone else offer to pay for it all.

I used to be pretty active but nowadays my mobility is pretty limited , however I can still kayak in one of those sit-on kayaks - I could get in to a sea kayak but I'd never get out .
We've stayed at the Loch Insh Outdoor Centre [ just outside Aviemore ] a few times , you can sail , windsurf , there's a dry ski slope and you can kayak / canoe - it was brilliant being able to go kayaking with my boy after having to just watch him from the shore .

A perfect day for me would be kayaking during the day and a little barbeque in the evening with a few pints of Apple & Elderflower & Lemonade .

Do you have any other symptoms ?
Fatigue is another symptom of oncoming diabetes .

n 2014 I suffered from the complete opposite - I wasn't peeing at all - I've only got one kidney and in 2012/2013 I had suffered multiple organ failure [ kidney - lungs and eventually my heart stopped working ] - so when I realised I hadn't peed for hours I went straight to the hospital thinking my kidney had packed in again - the Doctor scanned my bladder and told me it was full [ nothing wrong with the kidney ] - it was a prostate problem .

Excessive urination could be anything , but if it is diabetes it's best to get it checked out TODAY !!!

Good Luck . :thumbsup:
Thanks for this and sorry to hear what you have been through.

Yes do often feel fatigued as well but that's because can be so inactive at times. Plus always feel dehydrated and constantly drinking, anything from water and milk to squash, fizzy pop and alcohol.

I think I'll avoid the doctors and sort it out myself as I really don't get on with them.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom