1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

your help is needed plz!!!!

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by t_kaay, Apr 11, 2005.

1. t_kaay

t_kaay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi guys need some help....i'll keep it short and simple cos i'm new to all this so plz remember that when replying....bought a jvc gr d73 dig vid camera and it came with software called imagemixer 1.8. Used this software to capture and edit my home movie to a finished version of about 1hr 40mins (said it was 1037Mb i think).....I then hit the problem....when trying to burn the movie to a dvd it takes about 10 hours to "convert images", which i have read somewhere is an ok length of time, but after all this i get as message sayin the disk isn't big enough. Called the software helpline who told me this is because the software only allows you to burn vcds not dvds and they must be max 700Mb. So, I'm back where I started. Don't want 2 vcd discs, just one dvd. So, what do you recommend? I've seen roxio 7.5 in pc world for £40, comes with a package of loads of other roxio software too, half price....is it any good? what is recommended? do the free download trial versions of the ulead software have all the features? if I use free trials do I use my nero to burn the finished movie? help plz...pretty frustrated now!!!!

2. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
  3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    The free trial downloads normally have the full features, but to keep the size of the download a bit smaller they often have fewer templates than the full version, but these can often be downloaded as a separate file.

I use Ulead DVD Movie Factory 3 (version 4 is just released) and this is easy to use and can record longer video files to a DVD by adjusting the bit rate. This only has very basic editing features so Video Studio may be a better bet.

Mark.