Your Halloween Viewing

Roohster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(Brought back from the dead for 2023!)

hween.jpeg

October's here again, so it's time to start thinking about what to watch this Halloween!

Halloween should always be marked with something special to watch, so I wondered of any of you have a favourite horror that you like to view on the 31st?

Or any recommendations, or anything you're thinking about getting in time for the day?

Last edited:
Funnily enough I may just put my Halloween BD on as I've only watched it once since the BD release , tis such a nice SB to get out n fondle.

Fancy some sci-fi horror so might get Alien out to take that nasty covenant taste away.

May get out Hardware for a bit extra sci-fi horror and Society for some black humour old school gory horror . For another SB fondle I believe Lifeforce is very much in line to put in the ol spinner.

Last edited:
I watched The Autopsy of Jane Doe recently, wish I'd saved it for Halloween - it's a proper old fashioned moody horror, really good too.

As per usual I will be watching a movie a day starting with The Hitcher [2007]. I know a lot of people don't like this but I enjoy it and Sean Bean is fairly decent in it although he isn't a patch on Rutger Hauer.

A few obscure ones (the new Criterion of Carnival of Souls will do nicely), a few of the Halloween franchise (maybe the Thorn trilogy?), a few Argento revisits (Inferno and Tenebrae have only been watched once) and a full franchise run through of the Saw series across the whole month methinks.......god I love this time of year!!!! :love:

Last edited:
Fair enough that you might want to give Donald Pleasance a rest this year, but since Halloween = John Carpenter in my book how about this double ?

321C1E89-AED7-466D-A48C-AB9B7705BAB2.jpeg

Just spotted Eden Lake mentioned in the best films of the 00s thread... haven't seen that in a while, so that's an option.

Need to thing of a good monster/ghostie one now.

Wife is not much into horror but at this time of year I like to dig out the good stuff. Hopefully Arrow do not mess up the new master and the discs of this little beauty are replaced.

IMG_20171001_194112179.jpg

Just watched Something wicked this way comes.

Not too bad (trailer does give away a lot of the film).

This is what I've got lined up this year:

Hellraiser (1987) 1hr 34m
Hellraiser II: Hellbound (1988) 1hr 39m
Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth (1995) 1hr 33m
Hotel Transylvania 2 (1973) 1hr 40m
Kubrick: The Shining (1980) 2hr 26m
Man Who Could Cheat Death, The (1959) 1hr 23m
Universal Monsters: Dracula 1hr 14m (1931)
Universal Monsters: Frankenstein 1hr 10m (1931)
Universal Monsters: Bride of Frankenstein 1hr 14m (1935)
Universal Monsters: The Mummy 1hr 13m (1932)
Universal Monsters: The Invisible Man 1hr 11m (1933)
Universal Monsters: Creature From the Black Lagoon 1hr 16m (1954)
Universal Monsters: The Wolfman 1hr 9m (1941)
Shaun of the Dead 1hr 34m (2004)
Sixth Sense, The (1999) 1hr 47m

Did this get a blu ray release ?

I'll be watching Zombiland for the hundredth time, never get bored of that film. Followed by Stranger things 2.

It's my wedding anniversary so I'll be out on the evening... however, we'll watch Nightmare Before Christmas over the weekend before, same as we do every year. :smashin:

It's my wedding anniversary so I'll be out on the evening... however, we'll watch Nightmare Before Christmas over the weekend before, same as we do every year. :smashin:
One of my all time favourites. [emoji106]

I didn't know there was a film, this was always one of my favourite books.

I'm trying to find the best place to purchase the 2007 Halloween Blu Ray. Are there any suggestions? Amazon have a few different copies. Also is the disc region free if from the USA?

I'm trying to find the best place to purchase the 2007 Halloween Blu Ray. Are there any suggestions? Amazon have a few different copies. Also is the disc region free if from the USA?
Try cex it can be brought for peanuts.

Screenshot_20171002-173439.png

It's only the dvd I can find.. Works out at £4.50.

Thanks. I picked it up new on eBay for £8.75. Happy with that.

Picked this up real cheap, looking forward to giving it a spin.

91XmsDWTFOL._SX342_.jpg

I got the US Halloween 15 disc collection about 3 years ago. Even went to the trouble of getting the replacement disc for Halloween 4 which had lipsynch issues and every year I tell myself I will watch the whole series in the lead up to Halloween. Not managed it yet although I am going to try and make a point of watching all the original series but not the remakes this year...hopefully.

We usually put on a couple of horrors on Halloween night but haven't decided on this year yet. Last year it was The Conjuring and The Conjuring 2. Maybe the new Arrow release of The Thing will be one of them. We are also waiting for Halloween week to watch American Horror Story: Roanoke on Netflix, along with Stranger Things 2. :)

Funnily enough I may just put my Halloween BD on as I've only watched it once since the BD release , tis such a nice SB to get out n fondle.

Fancy some sci-fi horror so might get Alien out to take that nasty covenant taste away.

May get out Hardware for a bit extra sci-fi horror and Society for some black humour old school gory horror . For another SB fondle I believe Lifeforce is very much in line to put in the ol spinner.

I didn't even realise Hardware was out on BluRay, what is the quality like, all I've got is a rubbish 4:3 aspect ratio DVD that si no better than VHS.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom