Your favourite Christmas toy ever!

• Thread starter Deleted member 30535
  • Start date
Ah the memories, although I remember my Dad offered to "help" and ended up building the whole blooming thing, half the fun was building it!

HOTLINKED IMAGE REMOVED BY MOD

This year I will get the usual novelty Christmas socks and a mug:(

Last edited by a moderator:
As Im Muslim I dont really do Christmas presents but was on placement last year with some other placement students and we became good friends so have a little present exchange.

One of the team gave me a pair of Turtle Beach headphones. Certainly cheered me up!

Mine was a talking spaceman that you pulled a string out of his tummy and it said stuff and i span it round my head and it spoke, well coolio :D

Mine has to be a commodore 64, at 11 I was blown away.

Came with 'Monty on the run' (best music by Rob Hubbard) and 'Bounty Bob Strikes Back'.

Attachments

• Commodore 64.jpg
    Commodore 64.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 49
Ah the memories, although I remember my Dad offered to "help" and ended up building the whole blooming thing, half the fun was building it!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

My favourite Christmas toy was the auto-parking, elevator garage...

HOTLINKED IMAGE REMOVED BY MOD

without a doubt.. this

Not mine (mine went a long time ago)
But the Knight Rider Scalextric from the 80's

Attachments

• kr.jpg
    kr.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 55

OMG, this brings back memories, i so remember getting this when i was about 11, took me ages to build, had many days off fun with it:clap:

pincho that photo takes me back:)

as a kid i was given a little toy robot named charles. you had a remote with it and would have to programme it to move using the remote e.g move foward 6, turn 90 degrees then move back 3. it came with a little crayon that goes under it and you could try and draw pictures(v hard lol). you could also buy a tray that connects to its arms so it could carry drinks. just done a quick search but couldnt find it but it was one of my fav xmas pressies. any one know who made them? i had it in about 93/4 and loved it.

When I was a kid I had a Hornby railway set. I wanted the 'Cardiff Castle' engine. It duly arrived along with three carriages that my various aunts and uncles had bought. Certainly had plenty of time to play with them. It was Christmas 1963, Boxing day brought two feet of snow.:thumbsup:

My Mongoose...sadly deceased after someone backed over it whilst I was delivering newspapers. Replaced by a Grifter, it was a sad day.

Attachments

• mongoose.jpg
    mongoose.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 57
Mine has to be a commodore 64, at 11 I was blown away.

Came with 'Monty on the run' (best music by Rob Hubbard) and 'Bounty Bob Strikes Back'.

Similar to the year my sister and I were given an Amstrad CPC464 with colour monitor! 64k of gaming nirvana......one year I even got Bounty Bob Strikes Back.....:D

So hard to pick the best though......one amazing year was when I got my first walkway....bright orange headphones foam and the size of a house brick......but I played it till the Bugger couldn't play anymore.......

Crossbows and Catapults was another one, along with any space lego

Anyone remember this toy from the mid 70's?

Welcome

I remember my cousin bringing this round my house one weekend and I was green with envy! :)

Wow, that brings back memories. Although I remember it broke way too easily.

Kerplunk, that's another. :rotfl:

Wow, that brings back memories. Although I remember it broke way too easily.

Kerplunk, that's another. :rotfl:

Now we're talking.

What about this board game.......

Haunted House Board Game

I remember waking up on Christmas morning and running down the stairs and unwrapping this little gem.
Played it for months before I got bored.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom