steviedog

Ex Member
Reaction score
James

Johnson Terry Upson A.Cole

Milner Barry Lampard

Gerrard

Defoe Rooney

Same as today, may consider Carragher at RB as GJ worries me.

Same as today, may consider Carragher at RB as GJ worries me.

Carragher up against Podolski?! :rolleyes:

I'd probably go with the same line-up and hope Rooney's ankle recovers in time...if not, I'd swap him for J.Cole and play Gerrard just off Defoe.

I'm not sure what's happened to Johnson, I don't know if it's just me but he seems just as good at wriggling around players around the edge of the penalty area, but he seems to have lost a lot of pace, I'm sure he used be relatively quick. Maybe he was just up against particularly quick players today without me really noticing much.

I'd like to see Gerrard in the middle, he did ok on the left to day though and I have a feeling Capello will go with something at least very similar to today, but I quite like the look of what the BBC had with the narrow diamond, it was almost 2-5-1-2 with the full backs offering width in midfield.

I think the same as today though.

I'd still drop Rooney to be honest, he's just not on his game. He was that desperate to score yesterday he was taking shots where he should clearly have played others in who were in a much better shooting position. His body language is all wrong and I think he would be better coming on as a sub around 60 minutes, fresh when the opposing defence is feeling it a bit.

If anyone else was having his tournament so far I'm sure they'd be keeping the bench warm by now. As a Man U follower I'd love to see him do well but he's just not there at the moment. :(

The same 2 players I would've dropped against Slovenia I still wouldn't play against Germany. Both have been terrible in all 3 games & neither are helping to get the best out of the other players.

Rooney's out. He must be carrying a secret injury for the entire tournament, the bloke is just way off form & fitness. Play to Defoe's strengths & stick Crouch up there.

Lampard's out. We're carrying him, Gerrard had a good game covering his butt & we need more effective players in the middle of the park against Germany.
Switch Gerrard to the middle, Milner to left & I'd bring back Lennon for some pace down the right. Milner's pretty much 2 footed so that's crosses in the box for Crouch & Defoe to feed on.

I probably wouldn't change the centrebacks again, Upson started dodgy but it just looks far more balanced with a leftfooter in there.

James
Lennon Barry Gerrard Milner
Defoe Crouch​

I don't see the point in changing the team after yesterday's game unless we have to. The only place I might consider changing anything would be to bring King back if he's fit instead of Upson, not that Upson played badly, it's just King is a different league quality-wise and gives up more pace at the back.

Rooney was a lot better yesterday, admittedly, he isn't totally sharp, but his movement, passing and control of the ball was good, he just needs a goal and he could be on fire, I think.

Even as a Spurs fan, I certainly wouldn't play Crouch in place of Rooney, unless Rooney had repeated his performance against Algeria in the Slovenia game.

Rooney was a lot better yesterday, admittedly, he isn't totally sharp, but his movement, passing and control of the ball was good, he just needs a goal and he could be on fire, I think.

I think the most important thing about Rooney yesterday was that he was positive and ran at defenders, against Algeria he wasn't doing that. If he gets a goal he could really get started.

James

Johnson Terry Upson Cole

Barry

Lennon/cole Lampard Milner

Gerrard

Rooney

James
Lennon Barry Gerrard Milner
Defoe Crouch​

:nono::nono::nono:

Wont hear the last of it when Jeff comes up with spurs 5 germany 1:devil::rotfl::rotfl:

Same that started yesterday. Don't change a winning team.

Lampard's out. We're carrying him, Gerrard had a good game covering his butt & we need more effective players in the middle of the park against Germany.
Yeah, and Frank is really fat too :rolleyes: Do you actually pay attention to the games or just base your opinion on the tabloids?

In a side struggling to stay compact and pass the ball Lampard is playing with discipline and good positional sense - he is our most consistent midfield passer. England's completed passing rate is appalling (only Ashley Cole emerges with any real credit as 'world class') but Lampard has at least approached respectability in every game and is only bettered overall by Cole.

Yeah, and Frank is really fat too :rolleyes: Do you actually pay attention to the games or just base your opinion on the tabloids?

In a side struggling to stay compact and pass the ball Lampard is playing with discipline and good positional sense - he is our most consistent midfield passer. England's completed passing rate is appalling (only Ashley Cole emerges with any real credit as 'world class') but Lampard has at least approached respectability in every game and is only bettered overall by Cole.

Lampard's ball to Rooney when he hit the post was very good as well, perfectly executed and a good spot. If Rooney hadn't rushed himself that was in.

Eh are you watching the same games all club familiarity aside only myself talks more sense about football than Duncan :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom