• Apologies for the inconvenience, but AVForums will be offline from 6am Thursday 21st January 2021 for a few hours while we perform a major update to our core software. See what changes are coming.

Your comments on HD choice please

golfingpilot

Standard Member
I have decided to make a move, and am considering the following possibilities for a HD tv. Your comments are most welcome!

Choice 1 - Panasonic TH37PV500
Choice 2 - Sony KDL-V40A12U
Choice 3 - Fujitsu P42HHA40

All about the same Height and Width, and well regarded. To be used with Sky+ (Sky HD later) and a Sony DAV-S800 surround sound system. What I want is to remain flexible for the future regarding replacing components (don't we all!). Not to be wall mounted but in the corner of a room about 20ft by 12ft. Any stand recommendations? Any other TV thoughts, £2400-2600 as a guide? Over to you, with thanks in advance....

TV replaces a Toshiba 32MW7DB

emporer

Banned
agreed

JinBoy

Novice Member
out of the 3 I also agree, go for the Panny. I would also consider the Pioneer 436 range as well

JNMaster

Hellicopter said:
Pana 500 about to be replaced by Pana 600 in next couple of months.

Alan
Which makes the Panny 500 an even better option as no doubt it will drop in price when the 600 comes out, the 500 is an excellent set, the best tv i've owned and HD material on it is Mouthwatering. :)

golfingpilot

Standard Member
Thanks guys, I did also consider the Pioneer 436 but ended up ordering the Panny for £1895 inc floor stand. Should get it in about 7 days time - can't wait!

JNMaster

golfingpilot said:
Thanks guys, I did also consider the Pioneer 436 but ended up ordering the Panny for £1895 inc floor stand. Should get it in about 7 days time - can't wait!
Wise Purchase, brought mine last year and never regretted it. :)

Good price that, where you order it from as 7days seems too long for delivery.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom