• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Your comment please: Pro-ject Debut 3 RED vs Rega RP1 vs Music Hall MMF 2.2 LE (RED)

websoup

Standard Member
I'm looking to make a return to the HiFi world since high school (I actually got a nice setup during my teen year, unintentional and long story). I'm relagating my Denon S201 home theater to the role of dedicated CD/DVD player in favor of the HiFi separate.

Inspired by Sterophile's article, I'm determine to keep the price in the $1000 USD (give or take 15%) range

My plan component:

+ Integrated Amp (around $400): Marantz PM 5004 (silver) or Music Hall A15.2 (preferred base on many good words here although not likely because it's nearly impossible to find here in Thailand).
+ Speakers (around $300): Paradigm Atom v5 or Monitor Audio BX1
+ Turntable (around $400 to $450): Pro-ject Debut 3 RED vs Rega RP1 vs Music Hall MMF 2.2 LE (RED)

+ Blueray player: likely use Playstation 3 first...may look into dedicated in the future

As the title suggests, the main point of this article is between the three aforementioned turntables. I know I can save a bit more money on Pro-Ject and Music Hall if I choose the standard color...but I'm happy to pay a bit extra for them because they look so good in red.

Would love to get the Pro-Ject Debut 3 Esprit instead (would choose this over the other three) but no one carry it in the US.

Unfortunately, I have no access to the Music Hall here (in Bangkok) so I cannot test listen/compare the three side-by-side.

My friend is visiting from the States and he will carry one of them back for me. I have to choose without the benefit of the test. Did a lot of reading/research.

I will rely on the community here to help me determine the best one for me. Feel free to jump in on other component if needed.

Thanks in advanced.

Last edited:

coruja

Established Member
What was the artcile that inspired you?

Are you able to hear the Marantz amp with any turntable, ideally with the speakers you have chosen?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom