1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your best ever DVD bargin

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by cityonfire, Jan 15, 2005.

1. cityonfire

cityonfire

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What would you class as your best find on DVD price wise? I just managed to pick up in complete and mint condition the Buffy Ultimate boxset with all seven seasons :thumbsup: Im not a huge Buffy fan but at £30 for 39 discs who is going to argue.

2. Strangerer

Strangerer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't remember that one on the bargain forums. Was it a legit set? My best bargain was the Band of Brothers tin for £15.

3. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337
    Zulu £4 delivered. Well, cheapest.

4. cityonfire

cityonfire

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep it was legit the guy traded it in at the shop i work at. He was a regular so i know it was not stolen. To be honest i did not have a clue what to give him for it at the time but he turned round and said "£30 and its yours as i need to pay some bills off"

5. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,545
    mine was band of brothers for £15 and recently got kill bill 2 jap box set for £19.99

6. Andrew Mogford

Andrew Mogford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    Mine was Star Trek The Next Generation Season 4 in a branch of Carrefour out in Oman. Brand new, still in it's cellophane wrapper. £4.99 for 7 discs! :D

7. apul

apul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Teachers series 1 and 2, about £2.50 each. Not like ive ever watched it though. :laugh: Ebayed it for an incredible £18 each!

8. west

west

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You ought to look after that as I think you'll find those box sets were limited to 10,000 and are hard to get now, so in time they could be worth quite a bit? Considering the cheapest you could get those Buffy box sets was around £130 and him excepting £30 seems a bit dubious to me .

My best DVD bargain was when I picked up some Disney titles (for gifts) for £4.49 each including monsters Inc two discs, Sleeping Beauty 2 discs, Pinochio and Die another day(for me), all were brand new and legitimate. :D

My brother, the lucky sod, picked up Babylon 5 season 4 for £12.49 brand new over Christmas in sales .

The cheapest new DVD I have ever purchased is £1.51(inc P&P), although I can't remember the title offhand.

9. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +995
    I picked up Snow White special edition for £10 - off the top of my head that's probably been my best bargain!

10. jpo

jpo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Training day AND Signs for £2.99 in TOTAL - Blockbuster, just before Christmas - Ex rental..

11. MrBlofeldt

MrBlofeldt
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +106
    Was given a voucher for Game this christmas, went in to my nearest store and bought Zoolander, Evolution, Eight legged freaks, The Italian Job (the good one) and Pitch Black all new. my voucher was for £25, the whole lot came to £25.90, so I ended up paying £0.90...

...well it felt like a bargain at the time !

12. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    The world of ebay-Full of suckers and sellers. :rolleyes:

13. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    i think you'll find that that is either nicked, or the guy had his brain removed. it was released at the beginning of November with a list price of £200, i got mine from choices direct for £135. it sold out within days and in many cases before it got to the shops

Just because hes a regular doesn't mean its not nicked does it? My pals at gamestation get stuff in all the time thats nicked. think about it if you had paid either £200 or £135 for a box set would you have sold it for £30?

but hey lady luck smiled on you that day - just goes to show that there is one born every minute.

As for best purchase to many to list (all brand new):

Complete Blackadder for £15
    10 disc Matrix Boxset for £17
    24 season 3 for £12

Gary

14. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +995
    How? :eek:

15. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    that would be telling!! :D no seriously i work in the trade, every now and again a bargain comes along. best of it is, as most long term members will know i dont even like the Matrix :blush: . the first one is good but the 2 and 3 were crap.

but disc 8 with academics and the furtureists is fantastic they really explain what the directors were trying to do, which does add some depth. Mostly i bought it because of the new transfer on film one which is stunning. :D

gary

16. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +995
    I've still got my copy plastic-wrapped. I thought the second and third weren't as good as the first but thought they were enjoyable popcorn movies anyway! I mainly bought it for the special features though, to try and understand the Matrix universe a bit better.

I'm looking forward to the transfer on the first film, I've heard it's so different from the old snapper.

Wish I worked in the trade... :smoke:

17. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    i work in a video shop for 4 hours a week!! i get bargains, discounts, free rentals and alsorts of freebies - i'm currently wearing a rather nice Ltd edition "Collateral" shirt! :D

Gary

18. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +995
    :laugh:

19. thirst

thirst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You know it's a bad sign when a film NEEDS academics to explain what the directors were trying to do and add some depth because the movies do not stand on the run two feet! Let's face it the directors p****d away a fortune on the Matrix sequels and didn't deliver the goods. :mad:

Tejstar, The Matrix sequels had some fantastic action and visual sequences but between the action was pointless and dull as dishwater dialogue and story developments. To me it seems unbelievable that the directors of the Matrix could create such monstrosities as sequels!

20. oxygenuk

oxygenuk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hmm cant really think of the best bargains ive had but texas chainsaw massacre dts widescreen springs to mind, found it for just under £3 inc.