Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Your advice/comments appreciated for this.Please see....

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by akarit1, Sep 19, 2004.

1. akarit1

akarit1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Does any one know if there is currently a dvd recorder that records both -/+ r/rw and has DVI out(an absolute must for the projector) and the usual component(progressive scan),svideo,RGB scart,digital audio out etcc....I know this may seem a fairly high spec,but I figured on buying a good one for once and for all.I'd like it to play jpeg cd's,mp3,vcd,dvd-/+ r/rw,have a fairly extensive menu for adjustments and finally be multi region.Does such a player exist??

Any recommendations is appreciated.Thanks.

2. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +228
    I havent seen any recorders with DVi out. Only high end DVD players have the Dvi/HDMI out put.
    I dont know about western models, but all models sold in japan dont have any DVi out put.
    So far ive only seen 3 or 4 new DVD players with DVi.

I think recorders are more hybrid machines that focus on easy recording not high end viewing, and HDMI/DVi is a high end output for digital DVD viewing.

3. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +302
    Moving to dvd recorder forum.

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,586
    Almost - the Pioneer 920 sounds as though it may be for you. It's not multi-format DVD-RW/-R only) but has HDMI (compatible with DVI) and everything else you want. RRP is around £1300 and will be available late October.

5. akarit1

akarit1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Thanx for reply folks.I was looking to get a dedicated recorder & player that did all and had the best output for video signal to lcd & projector. I guess this may just be wishful thinking on my part,still I think I'll wait a bit more as I know that hdmi output is to be the new standard in high def video out.

6. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,586
    There is very little benefit in dual format you know. If you have DVD-RW and DVD-R compatibility then you have the most compatible media options. Adding the less compatible DVD+RW/+R is somewhat irrelevant.

DVI (HDCP) is, of course, included within the HDMI connection and a simple HDMI-DVI cable will suffice. Still new models will be out next year with HDMI - the Toshiba RDXS34 for example.