Your 2020 in film

Yes, likewise... loved '1917' but 'LET HIM GO' overtook it at the last minute.
Diane Lane gives best performance I've seen all year.

2020 Final List

Top 10
1609411439646.png

Runners up
1609411618851.png

Biggest disappointments:

Tenet, Borat 2, Mulan, Da 5 Bloods

Best first time viewings from previous years (here's some of the really good stuff)
1609412069445.png

Happy New Year folks!

No significant changes since my last post. That's it for for this year, and all things considered, it's not been too bad moviewise.

1) Let Him Go
2) The Last Tree
3) Uncle Frank
4) 1917
5) Yes God Yes
6) The Gentlemen
7) The Devil All The Time
8) Calm With Horses
9) Rocks
10) Invisible Man

Tenet
and Da 5 Bloods were huge misses for me, and all the more surprising considering the directors. Just halfway through Spree on Netflix, and a possible contender for worst of 2020...

Outside my top ten, I still had a good time with Extraction, Inheritance, The Informer, Soul, Color Out Of Space and Parasite.

Last edited:
^
Yeah, I agree with all those choices except Bad Boys, did you finish Spree I caught it earlier in the year and couldn't believe how bad it was after all the praise it was getting.
Yes mate, finished Spree last night. Absolute turd of a movie. Worst 'film' of 2020.

^
Yeah, I agree with all those choices except Bad Boys, did you finish Spree I caught it earlier in the year and couldn't believe how bad it was after all the praise it was getting.
Spree was so bad, it made me determined to ensure my first 2021 movie is a good 'un.

Copied from the other thread.
The year started so strongly, possibly the best first 3 months of a year ever. Luckily for us I guess, given how the rest of it turned out.

14.Waves
13.The Gentlemen
12.Little Women
11.Possessor
10.Extraction
09.Dark Waters
08.Bombshell
07.A Beautiful Day In The Neighbourhood
06.Invisible Man
05.The Devil All The Time
04.Parasite
02.Trial Of Chicago 7
01.Uncut Gems

Worst - Bloodshot
Biggest Disappointments - WW84,Jo Jo Rabbit and Tenet
Nice Surprises- Underwater, Always Be My Maybe, Unhinged & Jay and Silent Bob Reboot.

Well the spreadsheet geek in me says......

I watched 319 movies in 2020.

Not quite 319 different movies as some are repeats. Eg I watched The Hunt for Red October 3 times.

Of those 319, 181 were re-watches and 138 were first time movie viewings.

Of these 138, I get 20 that were dated 2020 (IMDB) :blush:

So coming up with a Top 10 won't be hard.:D The hardest thing will be films I've got down as 2019, when in fact they appear in this thread (since the release date in the UK was probably 2020).

So I've had a scan through the thread and found a couple that I dated 2019 to see if I could do a list of 10.

Parasite
The Trial of the Chicago 7
Dark Waters
Extraction
The Invisible Man
Uncle Frank
The Devil All the Time
Tenat
The Decline
The Gentlemen

Top 3 are about in order. Other 7 just randoms.

Well the spreadsheet geek in me says......

I watched 319 movies in 2020.

Not quite 319 different movies as some are repeats. Eg I watched The Hunt for Red October 3 times.

Of those 319, 181 were re-watches and 138 were first time movie viewings.

Of these 138, I get 20 that were dated 2020 (IMDB) :blush:

So coming up with a Top 10 won't be hard.:D The hardest thing will be films I've got down as 2019, when in fact they appear in this thread (since the release date in the UK was probably 2020).

So I've had a scan through the thread and found a couple that I dated 2019 to see if I could do a list of 10.

Parasite
The Trial of the Chicago 7
Dark Waters
Extraction
The Invisible Man
Uncle Frank
The Devil All the Time
Tenat
The Decline
The Gentlemen

Top 3 are about in order. Other 7 just randoms.
IT's incredible you remember them!!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom