You Were Never Really Here Blu-ray Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Thanks for another Great Review, Cas. Definitely got me interested!

Completely agree Cas. Great review. Film of the year for me.

This sounds like a Hidden gem!

Am I going to be as impressed as I was with cold in July though? That film is a firm favourite of mine, came from absolutely nowhere!

Thanks for the review Cas, I will add this to my list (just got the MI 4K set today after your reviews :) )

It should be right up my street,but i didnt like it at all.Way too aloof,hinted and recycled.Maybe it is like most of the movies it takes inspiration from in the love or hate viewer's response.

Caught it at the cinema when it was released and while I thought it was a very good film, the images, tone and soundtrack have been on my mind ever since. Having it percolated through my mind so much, it's now a very strong contender for best film I've seen so far this year.

No spoilers, but the handholding scene was one of the most unexpectedly emotional scenes in a good while. Really hope Ramsey gets to make more films. She's only directed four films and three of them (Ratcatcher, We Need to Talk About Kevin and this) are stone-cold classics.

Just watched this we all have different opinions on movies but i thought this was complete garbage. 1 out of 10.

Watched this over the weekend. I liked the pacing and there was some genuinely interesting and original film making here. Like Jessica Noir said the handholding scene was particularly memorable. Overall I did find the film a little too emotionally detached possibly because of the almost total lack of dialogue.
Its thought provoking and my 7/10 now may get better as time goes by.

I was looking forward to watching this, but like some others have posted, I thought it was rubbish. I thought both video and dialogue were very hard to follow.

Bz5zpCx.jpg

Just got around to watching this and thought it was brilliantly done. Everything shone about it.

Pity the Blu-rays are lazy when it comes to extras but the price has dropped to £7.49 on HMV here (as usual the pathetic Amazon have 'price matched').

I prefer the Spanish cover:

BEqjG9X.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom