You spent how much? - Xbox series S/X bargains thread

Miss Mandy

I'd go in for that, but like you I'm worried about my account getting banned. I'm rather attached to it and the games I've purchased on it!
I see from the HUKD thread people having been buying the game and the upgrade then requesting a refund on the original game. I'm all for taking advantage of a glitch and getting a good price, but I think requesting a refund is bordering on a step too far for me and that's what's likely to get the loophole closed.

S2000 VTEC

If I'm not mistaken then one person buys it for £65 + 5. Gifts it to 2 people and the total cost is £70/3 = ~£23.33. If it's still working then I'm up to do it if anymore people want to? The refunding is definitely deceptive hence why i was hesitant with those being sold in the classifieds.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Yeah I'm not the one to make the purchase but happy to be gifted it :D

Didn't realise they are being sold on the Classifieds here, that will be fun for the disputes if they get revoked...

S2000 VTEC

Yeah I'm not the one to make the purchase but happy to be gifted it :D

Didn't realise they are being sold on the Classifieds here, that will be fun for the disputes if they get revoked...
For a nice mark up + with no mention of glitch might I add :D.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
I am surprised they are allowing them to be sold on the Classifieds, Profiteering I know is allowed but on something that could be revoked and is a glitch/loophole is dodgy !

Nukleuz

Last edited:

rowedav

Distinguished Member
I am surprised they are allowing them to be sold on the Classifieds, Profiteering I know is allowed but on something that could be revoked and is a glitch/loophole is dodgy !

How does the gifting work? Does it generate a 25-digit code? I picked up a digital cross-gen bundle very cheap compared to RRP (£37 vs £65) on the classifieds at the weekend, and then I've seen this. Have I unknowingly bought the game via this method?

King Tones

Distinguished Member
How does the gifting work? Does it generate a 25-digit code? I picked up a digital cross-gen bundle very cheap compared to RRP (£37 vs £65) on the classifieds at the weekend, and then I've seen this. Have I unknowingly bought the game via this method?

The Seller should of confirmed it. You could glitch it and get 2 gifted codes.
Split 3 ways was £23 or something.
I got one also for £25 but he was upfront and also had purchased the game via Cdkeys so a legit code and then gifted the upgrade.

Issue is people were buying it direct from MS, selling the codes then requesting a refund.
People were also try to sell them for £50 each....

If the original buyer requested a refund then it might cause issues going forward.

I am sure it should be fine but the Seller should of been upfront so you might want to ask.
If he sold 2 for £37 then he's made his money back and paid for his own code and might of got it refunded also so made £74 and risked your account.....

rowedav

Distinguished Member
The Seller should of confirmed it. You could glitch it and get 2 gifted codes.
Split 3 ways was £23 or something.
I got one also for £25 but he was upfront and also had purchased the game via Cdkeys so a legit code and then gifted the upgrade.

Issue is people were buying it direct from MS, selling the codes then requesting a refund.
People were also try to sell them for £50 each....

If the original buyer requested a refund then it might cause issues going forward.

I am sure it should be fine but the Seller should of been upfront so you might want to ask.
If he sold 2 for £37 then he's made his money back and paid for his own code and might of got it refunded also so made £74 and risked your account.....

Yeah. I saw the ad on classifieds on Sunday evening - not sure if that pre-dates the gift glitch or not. I was unaware of it at that time, so didn't ask but I did wonder why it was going so cheap though.

Me and my gamesharing buddy effectively paid £19 each which is a bit of a steal and haven't had any issues as yet (touch wood) so might be legit anyway...

S2000 VTEC

Anyone who's not so much in a rush for an XSX, have you thought of the cheapest ways to get one for the next restocks? Very.co.uk first user code knocks off £30 making it £419.99. Top cashback offering 8.5% so that could get it to £411.75. (Don't think you can combine the two).

Alternatively amazon with gift cards but they're quite scarce.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom