You PS3 hoggs should be ashamed.

clarky78

Prominent Member
Reaction score
As if it's not bad enough that (as always) supply of the new PS3 won't nearly cover the demand, I'm utterly dissapointed at the amount of people who are intent on buying more than 1 console in order to make a profit on eBay.

I for one will have to forefit alot to finance a PS3 (assuming with all the hoggs out there I even got one), but paying through the teeth is just not an option.

Get a concience and allow everyone a fair chance..

Very simple remedy against it, don't buy one of ebay and pay second hand rates only for those second hand consoles....It only works because people are willing to pay the premium...

Its one of those old rules of business create a demand and fail to deliver but if you over deliver you can kill the market.

I could see some funny trades. My ps3 for your car. and so on.

Other angle to this is that by multiple ordering you have better chance of getting one at launch and those with morals can list additional units on AVForums for other enthusiasts at normal cost price (as happened with XBOX360)!!!

What's wrong with buying two and then selling the other one on Ebay to finance the cost of your own PS3? They'll always be someone out there willing to pay over the odds on Ebay, so if you're struggling to finance a PS3, then get on the band wagon and profit yourself.:smashin:

If you are desperate for one then put your name on a pre-order and pay the deposit.

Me? I'm minted I'm buying 20 so I can flog them and double my money ...minted minted minted ...money money money...mwahahhahhhahhaaahahaaaaaa!

Noggin1980 said:
The sony version of supersaiyan:boring:

I don't know what this is.

It's true it helps to fund them, and i'm not disputing if there are stupid people who will pay through the nose, but those who have a concience and can just afford one (me), it's unfair to take away the small amount available and make others wait for later batches.

"What's wrong with buying two and then selling the other one on Ebay to finance the cost of your own PS3?"
I'll tell you what's wrong, thunt - it's called greed, and by doing this you reduce the number available to other people. It's just plain wrong.

The number of them stays the same, surely? If the number was to be reduced it would involve either buying and keeping them or blowing them up.

The number of actual units remains the same obviously, but the number of units available to the average person who cant afford to spend twice the RRP is reduced.
If theres only two of something you really want and someone else buys both in order to have one for themselves and sell you the other one at twice the originl price so that he basically gets his free, would you be saying "good for him"?

I am intending to preorder multiple units, and as soon as i get confirmation from one of the retailers that i am definately getting one at launch. Then i have a 2 step plan - first I'm going to check whether my mates have manage to be guarnateed one as well, if not i'll sell one of the others (if i get another) to them at cost price. And secondly if everyone i know who wants one gets one, then i'll cancel my other orders.

Just been told by a manger of GAME that Sony will be arranging launch more meticulously and although (shock horror:eek: :rotfl: ) there won't be enough units for demand, they will demand name and address of where the unit is going so individuals cannot buy multiple units. Seems ok in principle but I got about 20 mate who aint gonna buy one, whats stopping me saying their names and addresses...If someone has money to buy 20 units and sell them on ebay, I guess that's what they'll do...I don't like it, but hey, life isn't fair....:rolleyes:

youcrazyboy said:
If someone has money to buy 20 units and sell them on ebay, I guess that's what they'll do...I don't like it, but hey, life isn't fair....:rolleyes:

You betcha baby...just totalled up 20 seperate addresses myself...no problem

i have got 6 pre-ordered. I am likely to get at least 3 of those on release day. I intend keeping one and selling the other 2 for a small profit to pay for the cost of the one i am keeping.

What is wrong in that. I am not doing anything that anybody else could not do if they tried.

Dont moan to me that there will be people who can not get one on the release day because of people like me. Tell them that they shoudl pre-order like me. Its not exactly brain surgery is it.

I did exactly the same thing with the xbox 360, got 2 on release day sold one for double the price and paid for the 360 i kept. I for one hope there is a shortage of consoles. its not my fault but sony's

Personally I couldn't give too hoots about getting a PS3 at launch and will just laugh at people who pay silly money on ebay :rotfl:.

Now the Wii on the other hand I have got to have! :)

CAS FAN said:
Personally I couldn't give too hoots about getting a PS3 at launch and will just laugh at people who pay silly money on ebay :rotfl:.

I don't I think they are pioneering spirits ...the true gaming afficienados of our time... we should celebrate these brave souls and do all we can to provide them with state of the art gaming consoles for hugely inflated prices....otherwise they would just spend it on cocaine and porsches.

The whole world works on the basis of buying something at one price and selling at another, thereby making a profit.

Why should the PS3 be any different. There certainly isn't a moral or concience issue here. It's just business.

On the other hand....would be funny if it flops and ppl get left with a ton of units that they can shift :rotfl:

"There certainly isn't a moral or concience issue here. It's just business."
There is a moral issue here.
Lots of little Jimmys will be trying to get a PS3 at launch, or (more likely) their parents will be pre-ordering in time for Christmas. There will only be a certain number to go around.
By buying multiple consoles that you don't want (simply to sell on for personal gain) you are stopping little Jimmy getting one. I'll bet that if you turned up on Launch day and were told that there were none left, only to see a bloke carrying six PS3's out to his car, you'd feel a pang of hatred?
It's sheer 'I'm alright Jack', Thunt.:thumbsdow

thunt said:
The whole world works on the basis of buying something at one price and selling at another, thereby making a profit.

Why should the PS3 be any different. There certainly isn't a moral or concience issue here. It's just business.

So do you think anyone doing this with the aim to have captical gains is declaring the tax? I don't think so, thus making it actually tax-fraud and theft from society.....Just business,yeah right....Only when you do it properly...

thunt said:

But in purchasing a number of units you create/worsen the inevitable shortage and therefore are directly responsible for inflating the prices that ensue, the whole purpose of such a purchase is not to obtain the item but to remove the ability to buy from others from a retailer at a resonable (or as reasonable as the PS3 gets) price. Yes its simple supply and demand but any entity, person or company, that creates/increases a shortage simply to exploit the demand will never be seen in a favourable light with the consumer.

Ha I wonder how many people who make such statements about it just being business have never spoken any criticism of Microsofts Operating System and monopoly tactics? But of course that would be different right?

Such statements are hardly going to win you any manner of approval or kudos around a forum like this where its members are consumers who are frequently gouged by one taxation system, set of rules, or shortages.

:thumbsdow :thumbsdow

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom