You Only Live Twice - Bond 50 Box Set Blu-ray Review

Tech News

News Supplying Robot
Bond and on and on and on …

But this time … He’s turning Japanese, I think He’s turning Japanese, I really think so!

And which outrageous entry are we taking a look at today, then?

Well … it’s got a massive villain stronghold inside a volcano! It’s got Blofeld stoking his pussy whilst feeding his piranhas – or is it the other way around? It’s got Bond moonlighting as a ninja! It’s got Little Nellie!

Which means that it’s just got to be … You Only Live Twice!!!

By now, Sean Connery’s feet were itchier than his trigger finger. The fun and frivolity of his third glorious and golden-coated outing as 007 had gone on to become excessive overkill with Thunderball, in which everything had threatened to spiral out of control. The endless production schedules and the infuriating press junket...

Read the full review...

Glenn01

Distinguished Member
Epic review Chris :thumbsup:

Any Bond film starring Dr Sam Loomis has gotta be good though ... hasn't it ? :smashin:

eiren

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the review, lots of good info.

Completely disagree with the summary on the film itself though... this for me is the ultimate Bond film. It's got the best of everything; space rockets that eat other space rockets, NINJAS!, hot Japanese girls, Sean Connery, Pleasance as Blofeld, Little Nelly!, one of the greatest Bond themes of all time, amazing style, a huge underground super base that gets attacked in a massive ninja fueled siege, a very hot villainess, brilliant action scenes and stunts, a great screenplay from Roald Dahl... the list goes on and on.

The definitive and best Bond ever for me.

Chris McEneany

Thanks for the review, lots of good info.

Completely disagree with the summary on the film itself though... this for me is the ultimate Bond film. It's got the best of everything; space rockets that eat other space rockets, NINJAS!, hot Japanese girls, Sean Connery, Pleasance as Blofeld, Little Nelly!, one of the greatest Bond themes of all time, amazing style, a huge underground super base that gets attacked in a massive ninja fueled siege, a very hot villainess, brilliant action scenes and stunts, a great screenplay from Roald Dahl... the list goes on and on.

The definitive and best Bond ever for me.

Aye ... it's got all those elements but, as I said, it's still the film that I can't help but pick fault with. Against my instincts and my sheer love of the movie, these little niggles just seem to jump out at me every time I sit down to watch it.

But, hey, I still love it to bits ... coz it's Bond. :smashin:

Cheers dude,

Chris McEneany :devil:

eiren

Distinguished Member
You're right though about Japan-ising of Bond though. Completely unnecessary but I can't but help love that part of the film.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom