You now want to be a grease monkey as well Soldier? (Engineer Class)

I still think the M136 AT4 is the best gun for helicopters, but only if you can guide it onto your target. Also another advantage the M136 AT4 has over say a locked on rocket is the pilot doesn't get a lock on icon.

So if you can find a good location and aim for it on your own with the AT4 or you have a group aiming at the pilot. Then even the best pilots have less chance of escaping, unless you have some good gunners in the helicopter or good cover from any ground troops.

Sid skills said:
Mines are 3 as standard and 6 with extra explosives. Once you restock and lay more you replace the first mine laid etc. So the max you can lay is 6 using the extra explosive.
I always lay them in pairs so when i get mine kills i know i can lay another 2 somewhere.
Cool :smashin:. Suddenly remembered myself that the standard is 3 - no idea where I got 4 from...

Just some things that could be added to the OP if a mod (or Bowders) sees fit:

Under the "Shooting Down Choppers" bit could post this video/link for the AT4 as currently there's only the mention/link of Carl Gustav method.

The main thing to remember is to keep the target ahead of the Chopper as you are aiming into the path/flight of the vehicle as opposed to aiming directly at it.

Battlefield Bad Company 2: AT4 vs Choppers - YouTube

Also a helpful tip for the "Anti-Fixing" bit would be as follows:

Whilst destroying an enemy vehicle with the repair tool be aware that should the enemy leave the vehicle whilst you are destroying it then the tool will start to repair the vehicle again. Also, keep an eye out for the on-screen prompt to enter the vehicle as if that appears whilst you are trying to destroy the vehicle you know that the enemy has left their vehicle... probably to try to kill you. You might chose to enter their vehicle at this point to run them over :devil: , but beware if you do and they're engineer/recon class as they may well blow you up!

Last edited:
Just some things that could be added to the OP if a mod (or Bowders) sees fit:
Fear not, I'm still watching this thread :smashin:.

I'll see what I can do although it might have to wait until I get home as I can't see youtube videos from work (and I'm a bit picky with my spacing :D).

Edit: Done. Apart from the video which I'll do later.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom