You need playstation plus to access this feature - kids getting this error even though parent has it - SOLVED

Tony_Mac

Hi there

recently got a Ps5 for my kids, created my own PS account and added the kids as family members. I paid for a Playstation Plus subscription yet when my son tries to play Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War online with friends he gets a "you need playstation plus to access this feature". He can play the game in local mode without issues. Whilst he isn't yet 18 I have added the game to his "allowed" list. We have no other PS consoles.

Any suggestions?

1629994939122.png

Toasty

Distinguished Member
You have to log into the PS5 with your account and enable the Console Sharing and Offline Play setting. However, if you have set his real age on his account, you will most likely find he won't be able to play Cod online as it ignores parental preference and uses account age when online.

Tony_Mac

You have to log into the PS5 with your account and enable the Console Sharing and Offline Play setting. However, if you have set his real age on his account, you will most likely find he won't be able to play Cod online as it ignores parental preference and uses account age when online.
Yip I've enabled console sharing but still no joy, might try creating a profile with a made up age and try that...shouldn't be necessary though...or at least you'd expect a more accurate error.

Tony_Mac

As it turns out I don't have Playstation Plus, I've actually purchased Playstation Now (by accident). I think I'm within 14 days so should get a refund. To make matters worse when trying to purchase playstation plus a few moments ago I get the following error after authorising the payment

web.np.playstation.com refused to connect

Tried two different browsers on two different PCs. Presume something isn't right somewhere in the payment chain.

They don't make this easy :O

Tony_Mac

Could never get the payment to work on the browser via the playstation site, ended up purchasing via the console and not only did it work but was able to take advantage of a 50% off for 12 months...seems unfair that you don't get that offer if you pay via an alternate channel. Anyway all good now and eldest was able to play online and I didn't need to "adjust" DoB details.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom