You need an internet connection to use this app but other apps work fine?

Noble372

Standard Member
Reaction score
Out of no where my tv can no longer launch the Prime video or YouTube app, it said I need a internet connect, I do a connection test and it connects fine without any issues, I can even use Netflix, and the uk catch up apps on the tv, but YouTube and Prime say my tv is not connected ??
any ideas tried hard power off and on
Gz2000 oled

Next thing I would try would be to remove the apps then install again…🤷‍♂️

I get this with my LG every now and again, typically the problem is the app needs an update.

My apps were working yesterday, fired up my TV today and despite the network status saying I'm connected to the internet, clicking on any App or Apps Market shows the error, "You TV need an internet connection for you to enjoy apps and services" - clicking "Network status" shows I am connected. No changes to Router settings. I have a 40CX680 series.

EDIT: The only working app is Firefox and I'm able to run a speedtest with Ookla.

EDIT 2: Same occurs when hotspotting from phone, likely an issue with their Viera Connect servers? The status page no longer exists to check.

Last edited:
My two Panasonic TVs have just lost internet connection too. Searching internet solutions this seems to be long running issue over many years I think caused by Panasonic server being down (and TV connecting to apps through Panasonic server), so expect they will get round to resolving sometime!

Don't think I will be purchasing Panasonic again which is a shame as in other ways they are nice TVs but things like this and lack of Disney+ app are too annoying

Me too. Just registered to post I'm having the same problem. Was just about to post what tekguy said! Beat me to it.

At the very least, Panasonic's error reporting should more accurately state the nature of the problem, rather than have me (us?) waste our evenings pissing around with router settings... I shall be writing a strongly worded email tomorrow morning...

I now get a new error message stating that the service I'm attempting to use is undergoing maintenance. Well, what a surprise. Nice of them to tell me.

I now get a new error message stating that the service I'm attempting to use is undergoing maintenance. Well, what a surprise. Nice of them to tell me.
I am glad I have a google tv, to use when this stuff goes down and it gives me Disney plus and proper casting, but I still prefer using the inbuilt apps, they just work nicer with my remote and seem a bit smoother

Apps all Working now.
Agree comments re useless incorrect error message leading us to waste lots of time on fruitless fault finding. Oh well, will know for next time

Apps are not working for me yet, but there is at least a maintenance message displaying. Will try again tomorrow. Off to sleep

For future reference in case anyone stumbles upon this: apps work fine now for me in the morning, and I will shortly write an email of complaint to Panasonic, requesting that they address this issue. Maintenance is fine; giving the impression to users that it's a fault their end is not.

Just resurrecting this thread to say as of this morning I have no access to Netflix, YouTube, disney, iplayer or the apps market. Did all the usual resets etc. And still off.

Just resurrecting this thread to say as of this morning I have no access to Netflix, YouTube, disney, iplayer or the apps market. Did all the usual resets etc. And still off.
Similar issue for me today. Only the guide, Netflix and iPlayer are currently working with every other app stating that I need an internet connection.

HB

And today everything seems to be back working. Whatever server issues/outages Panasonic were having again yesterday appear to have been fixed.

HB

Yeah mine is working again too however since I factory reset the tv I have a weird occasional popping sound coming from my separate sound system when I play anything through the tv. I have changed nothing physically

I fail to understand why the likes of Panasonic, Humax et al need to have a server/platform 'in the way' of app. usage. All of the streaming apps., by and large, require user authentication so I'm just not clear what some sort of intermediate server brings to the mix, other than adding an extra layer of complexity and another potential failure point.

I agree. It’s probably so that they can monitor what apps are used and by how many unfortunately.

HB

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom