you know what would be useful?

bullfinch

Standard Member
Reaction score
I remote button for operating the shutter. I mean, how hard would it be to make a little remote control for a camera? My camera I got recently has a timer but a remote would be far better, you could take a picture at more of an exact time. Would be very useful on a tripod.

.duh:thumbsdow

I suppose it depends on what sort of "compact" .
I know you can use the canon one for the powershot pro one and there was one for my old fuji 602Z but perhaps they are not "real" compacts:rolleyes:
Most camcorders have one though and a camcorder capable of good stills can be used in the way you describe

My canon G5 has one... because my canon G5 was amazing back in the day

ush flynn said:
My canon G5 has one... because my canon G5 was amazing back in the day
Was it really a "compact"?:rolleyes:
Seemed more like a non-DSLR prosumer camera to me ( and cost what a Nikon D50 does today)

I just dont understand why compacts cant have this feature too. It wouldnt cost much to impliment.

not just a problem with compacts. Why is it that the Canon 300D used a simple IR remote, but the 30D requires a hard wire solution? Really bugs me.

my old oly c750 had a remote

hehe it was compact!! well for them days when the olympus c2000, 2020, 3030, 3040 etc (all of which had remotes) Nikon 5400 (had remote) were all pretty big but seen as compacts... sort of

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom