You guys must be pretty disappointed with the Quality of PS3 games these days

Status
Not open for further replies.

bongo123

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't mean this as the start of a console war or anything stupid like that, its just a genuine question about the fact that 2 big exclusives for the PS3, Lair and heavenly sword have turned out to be a bit crap, i was hoping these games were gonna rock as i really want an excuse to go out and buy a PS3, I've always had a sony, but with the state of games on that machine at the minute its not looking good. I know you have other games, but i have a 360 and well the developers have yet to get to grips with the cell so id rather buy em for the 360 but whats the next big exclusive coming out?

For this year atleast, im sure out of Drakes Fortune, Everybody's Golf, Haze and Unreal Tournament 3 one of them should be good - I hope so anyway !!

I don't mean this as the start of a console war or anything stupid like that, its just a genuine question about the fact that 2 big exclusives for the PS3, Lair and heavenly sword have turned out to be a bit crap, i was hoping these games were gonna rock as i really want an excuse to go out and buy a PS3, I've always had a sony, but with the state of games on that machine at the minute its not looking good. I know you have other games, but i have a 360 and well the developers have yet to get to grips with the cell so id rather buy em for the 360 but whats the next big exclusive coming out?

I'm none too bothered those games weren't on my list anyway. I have been playing on my 360 more recently but I'm still looking forward to quite a lot of the ps3's forthcoming titles.

The only couple I'm looking forward to on the 360 is Alan Wake and Mass Effect.

Has heavenly sword turned out to be crap? press average score of 8.1 :confused: http://www.gamestats.com/objects/700/700186//articles.html Lair on the other hand? well yeah you can have that one :D

Yeah 8.1 is a good score, Not amazing but a game worth playing.

I think the trouble is not only the lack of decent games on the PS3 but the two games billed as being the dogs bullocks have turned out to be awful ( Liar) and just about above average ( Heavenly Sword).

The PS3 will be great in a year or so but at the moment is quite the let down, In my opinion ofcourse :)

While i have never been interested in lair i can see how it receiving low scores in reviews can be seen as a blow for the ps3's reputation, but to be fair i think at some point every platform has suffered from a title that promised so much and failed to deliver, can anyone remember Daikatana? :rotfl: thing is though i'm sure there will be people who will buy lair and thoroughly enjoy the game. For owners of just a ps3 then i think the future is looking pretty good with the amount of third party titles due to appear, COD4 springs instantly to mind. Perhaps the OP should of titles his thread "You guys must be pretty ****** off with the quality of EXCLUSIVE ps3 games these days" as i think the quality of ps3 games in general is getting better and better ;)

Personally, I'm more than happy with my PS3 games collection so far. More so than I was at this stage when the PS2 was released. :thumbsup:

* Starts singing 'things, can only get better...' and dancing nervoulsy in a John Prescott stylee *

Personally, I'm more than happy with my PS3 games collection so far. More so than I was at this stage when the PS2 was released. :thumbsup:

* Starts singing 'things, can only get better...' and dancing nervoulsy in a John Prescott stylee *

Indeed thing will get better, In a years time im sure the PS3 will have a selection no gamer can ignore and im looking forward to it :smashin:

@ Bongo123 - Neither of those titles particularly interest me, but I understand what you're saying.

Oddly, I made a deliberate decision to switch to a PS3 because there weren't going to be that many quality titles on it in the short-term. I simply didn't have the time to play them over the summer, so only having the odd game on the go meant that I actually got quite a long way with organising my wedding and changing jobs!

I am looking forward to Everybodys Golf 5 and particularly to LittleBigPlanet plus the multi-format titles like Pro Evo.

That said, 2008 looks pretty bleak for my usage of the PS3 with MarioKart and (hopefully!) Animal Crossing on the horizon... :eek:

I've owned a PS3 for about 3 months now. I fail to see how can anyone be happy with the current crop of games for the system. It wouldn't be so bad if a few decent games were coming out in the next couple of months, but it seems we have to wait a bit longer than that. If it wasn't for blu ray and the release of Wipeout HD (I'm looking forward to this game, more than anything else on any system), I would seriously be thinking of selling the thing & buying one again next year.

It really seems that between now and xmas, the xbox 360 is the only real next gen option for gamers.

I don't think that the op was trolling, he stated he wants to buy a ps3 but is looking for a good reason to do so, think that sums up the situation at the minute, sony need to deliver a top notch exclusive title that will make people want a ps3 instead of the competition if it's to succeed.

I don't think that the op was trolling, he stated he wants to buy a ps3 but is looking for a good reason to do so, think that sums up the situation at the minute, sony need to deliver a top notch exclusive title that will make people want a ps3 instead of the competition if it's to succeed.

Ineed, Seems if you show any negative opinions towards the PS3 in this forum you are attacked, I like to think i have an unbiased opinion on all gaming platforms, Yet the last week ive been called a fanboy and have been told to sell my console if i dont like the current games selection.

Ill make this clear now, I own a PS3 Wii and a 360 and by far prefer and play my 360 due to its vast games libary and i prefer Live to the PSN, But im a gamer and have no allegiance to any brand, Infact i quite often show dissapointment with 360 titles and online support a good example being Tiger Woods 08.

I dont get attacked in the 360 section when i voice my opinions in the 360 area of the forums but do here, Sad state of offairs really isnt? :(

I think it took about 1 year until anything good started appearing on the PS2. This is the same PS2 that was labelled as an atrociously hard machine to code for. I see parallels.

I think the best score I saw in early days PS2 was for Zone Of The Enders 1. Hideously short, light on gameplay and slapped up with a PSM score of 9.2 or something (mainly for the bundled demo of MGS2).

Mod Comment

I was rather inclined to simply close the thread when I saw the title but seeing as the OP does have a point I'll leave it for now.

I've changed the thread title slightly and will ask all members to not allow it to degenerate in to mud slinging because then I really will have no choice but to close it.

Please keep it civil and most of all constructive.

Thanks is advance, Dave.

I think someone needs to go back and hide under their bridge :rolleyes:

troll.jpg

Not what i'm doing but ehhh think what you want, this is a legitimate question not a troll one, but fanboys see everything as trolling when it questions their beloved console... anyways, don't get me wrong about heavenly sword, its a pure eye candy jaw dropper but from what i read it can be completed in just over 6hrs and pretty much plays like all before it, whereas Lair is another eye candy game ruined by a terrible control scheme. I'm not doubting that theres some great games coming out for the system (the 2nd gen titles are gonna kick arse), its just that these two were hyped like hell and appear to fall way short of the mark, which I'm sure sucks. Sony really needs a couple of AAA titles out fast.

Having just completed Gods of War 2 on the PS2 this weekend all i can say is those guys need to get part 3 out for the PS3 double quick, that game was absolutely fantastic and contained some of the most impressive visuals I've seen yet in a console game, the artwork, design and execution was near flawless.... now why in the hell didn't they have that coming out for the PS3!!!???

If you dont even own the console you have very little basis for your thoughts other than what you hear/read

I own both a 360 and PS3, and even with the current state of available games/apps for both i know which i would give away if i could only keep one

Nuff said

If you dont even own the console you have very little basis for your thoughts other than what you hear/read

I own both a 360 and PS3, and even with the current state of available games/apps for both i know which i would give away if i could only keep one

Nuff said

Fair point, I own both so my opinion counts yes?

Still does not excuse what you posted :)

Fair point, but I'm inclined to resurrect the historical comment about the lack of decent games on any console this soon into it's lifetime.

I remember some of the games out at this stage of the PS2's life (Wild Wild Racing, ISS, Ready 2 Rumble Boxing 2 etc). I'm not saying they were the worst games ever (I played ISS to death until Pro Evo) but it's all comparable.

Give it a few years, and we'll probably be ridiculing R:FOM, MotorStorm and the others that have escaped it so far !!!

In summary, yeah, disappointed, but taking a look at console history, not entirely surprising.

Not what i'm doing but ehhh think what you want, this is a legitimate question not a troll one, but fanboys see everything as trolling when it questions their beloved console... anyways, don't get me wrong about heavenly sword, its a pure eye candy jaw dropper but from what i read it can be completed in just over 6hrs and pretty much plays like all before it, whereas Lair is another eye candy game ruined by a terrible control scheme. I'm not doubting that theres some great games coming out for the system (the 2nd gen titles are gonna kick arse), its just that these two were hyped like hell and appear to fall way short of the mark, which I'm sure sucks. Sony really needs a couple of AAA titles out fast.

Having just completed Gods of War 2 on the PS2 this weekend all i can say is those guys need to get part 3 out for the PS3 double quick, that game was absolutely fantastic and contained some of the most impressive visuals I've seen yet in a console game, the artwork, design and execution was near flawless.... now why in the hell didn't they have that coming out for the PS3!!!???

The same could be said of the 360, apart from Alan Wake and Mass effect the 360 hasn't imo got any AAA titles on the horizon either. TBH There isn't a AAA title in the back catalogue of games. There are some good AA titles but none that I would class as AAA. Having recently bought Gears I fail to see what the big fuss was and while others may class that as AAA I wouldn't class that as an A title.

It's all opinions isn't it? Halo 3 looks like another generic shooter to me and Forza 2 was good but not great, the only decent 360 game I have played this year was Bioshock and that had it's faults.

Nuff said
Yeah i'd give the ps3 away aswell if i could only pick one. ;)

Just out of intrest why would you give 360 away over PS3 at this moment if you had it?

I think PS3 is a quality piece of equipment and i'm really happy with blu-ray but if i had to keep one for games? at this moment it would have to be 360 because it has more games coming out than ps3 which i want.

It's all opinions isn't it? Halo 3 looks like another generic shooter to me and Forza 2 was good but not great, the only decent 360 game I have played this year was Bioshock and that had it's faults.
What games don't have faults? What AAA games has the PS3 got? if you could let me know then i might go pick them up tonight so i can turn the thing on to play some games instead of films.

Get's wallet ready for trip to Game. :smashin:

I don't think there are enough gaming reasons to switch from 360 to PS3, but as a HD experience I don't think it can be beat. I use my PS3 all the time, and until now with Tiger 08 and Warhawk (which I think is the nuts) I've not played any games on it for ages.

What games don't have faults? What AAA games has the PS3 got? if you could let me know then i might go pick them up tonight so i can turn the thing on to play some games instead of films.

Get's wallet ready for trip to Game. :smashin:

I don't think I said it had any did I? bit defensive aren't we? I was just pointing out that a game for some could be a AAA title and for others it's an A. I love both consoles but IMO the 360 hasn't got as many AAA titles as 360 fanboys would like to think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom