• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

You do know this is a games console?

Status
Not open for further replies.

i-bert

Established Member
I find it pretty amazing the lack of games discussed here.Even before this sub-forum existed there were maybe one or two threads about games per page.

Are the launch games really that bad?

Sporran

Prominent Member
or maybe everyone is buying it from the bluray and not for games :rotfl:

mickus66

Prominent Member
or maybe everyone is buying it from the bluray and not for games :rotfl:

This is true. It's a very capable Blu-Ray player by all accounts afterall.

Prehaps the mods should move across the game threads that were started in the main PS3 thread to get the ball rolling....

jonas000

Established Member
Well to be honest, thats the main reason I've bought one. I knew there weren't going to be that many decent games during the first 2 months or so. I have a hd-dvd player and wanted a bd player as there are alot of blue-ray exclusives i want.

Will be ordering motorstorm and resistance today or tomorrow. :)

psikey

Distinguished Member
I bought mine for both.

Current playing and enjoying Resistance but also have the X-Men game and JPN Motorstorm pre-ordered.

bbdivo

Established Member
I don't have a game for mine yet :( I dunno what dvdboxoffice are doing I have had resistance on order with them for a couple of weeks now.

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
well if I buy one for launch the main reason wil be due to the BD aspect (unless Heavenly Sword is at the European launch!)

AML

Prominent Member
there are no games out for it (none worth having) so far. Only maybe 2 out of all the launch games.

So far ive watched more Blu Rays on it than played games.

On the 20th and 22nd in japan a couple of new games are coming out. Motorstorm and Armoured core 4.

Even then its only 2 games. And nothing else worth having till next year.

Its a bit silly expecting much from it at this stage. I still spend more time on the 360 or the PC than I do on the PS3 as a games console...

So, no. Its not a games console at this time :D

fizl

Prominent Member
Wow - thread necromancy!

Shaz

Moogle

Distinguished Member
Closing thread as it's really old and there is no reason to ressurect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom