Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

You couldn't make it up.......Hitachi fan noise

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by thepostman, Oct 28, 2004.

1. thepostman

thepostman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you read my last post i was complaining about fan noise on the hitachi PJ-TX100 and wondered if the fan could be upgraded well................i decided to take the lid off to have a look at the fan which was pretty easy only a few screws and it was off................the fan is totaly shrouded so much so that after undoing a few screws i gave up it was too complex a case of everything has to come out before you can get to it.anyway over the fan is a very flimsy very thin sheet of what looks like aluminium which is only held by one screw in a corner and the sheet is almost left to lie on top of the fan to deflect heat away from the casing even two flaps that should be tucked in wern't so i tucked these in, i did all the screws up and then went to put the case lid on what a mare!!! getting it off was easy but putting it back on took half an hour before i reailsed a re-alinement pin was slightly bent so i rectified this.
    well i thought nothing of all this untill switching the unit on to check it was still working and guess what SILENCE no it was working but the fan noise i had prevously has gone to a whisper!!!!!! so while fiddling i must have done something possibly the flimsy sheet was vibrating or was the case or a screw loose ..........TX 100 owners take note..... :clap:

2. stuthemong

stuthemong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    well played that man. great news :)