You can get multitasking and background wallpapers on the 3G!!

leeince

Distinguished Member
Theres a tutorial on iclarified that lets you use redsnow to jailbreak the 3g on IOS4, you can also enable background wallpapers and multi tasking!!

i have just done this and it works well, only problem im having is unlocking using ultrasnow!!

guide is here:

iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3G Using RedSn0w (Windows) [4.0]

Edit: It seems that you cant add anything from cydia, the cydia icon itself is plain white????

If you dont need to unlock and only want to enable multitasking and background wallpapers then i guess its ok but when I tried to use ultrasnow ect I get this message:

"The requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed"

Im guessing this will be sorted out soon??

Last edited:

leeince

Distinguished Member
Scrap that, I just updated all packages in cydia and now the cydia icon is back to normal and packages are installing fine.

So using the above tutorial you can:

Jailbreak IOS4
Unlock using Ultrasnow
Enable Multi tasking
Enable Background wallpapers

All on the the 3G!!!!!!!

hornet#30

internetuser

Strange, when you follow the guide it says it may slow it down, but I done it anyway and it did seem sluggish, so re done it and it seems a lot quicker than it was with multi tasking on

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom